Konnichiwa Mickey! The Magic of Disney Sea #NicGoesToTokyo

by - June 19, 2019

Supposedly I intended to post this as the first blog post for my #NicGoesToTokyo series hiyesshayup! I don't know why it did not end up that way, so let's just proceed talking about the happiest place in Tokyo-aside from Don Quijote, of course!



So let's start with the basics, where can you buy tickets to Disney Sea? You have plenty of options, but I know of 3 certain ways:

1. Buy via Klook, KKday, and other budget travel metrodeal-like websites. Some offer it in a more affordable price, some just the same. But one thing I noticed that is similar amongst those apps/sites are you must book in advance, at least 2 days in advance. You can't just buy a ticket for the day itself.

2. Buy in Disneyland/DisneySea resort. With this one, I was only able to buy the ticket on the resort grounds itself when I went to HK Disneyland for the first time. Pretty sure they also sell tickets in Tokyo Disney resort.

3. Buy in specific Disney Stores scattered around Tokyo-BUT just an FYI, not all Disney stores sell Disney resort tickets, so when you got the chance to go inside a Disney Store then realized that they don't sell tickets, might as well ask them what branch sells tickets so you can go there... and that's the reason why we got lost the night before this hahaha 🙊👏💁

In our case, we relied on Google Maps with all our hearts


The Disney Resort in Japan is located somewhere in Chiba, which is fairly near Tokyo-or is it still part of Tokyo? Anyhoo, once you reached the Disney station you will be greeted with this huge arc. For those heading towards Disneyland, I think you can go there by just walking, but for those heading for Disney Sea you must take their customized monorail.

This one!
Once you enter the train, you'll be greeted by Disney songs, and a ton of hidden Mickeys. The train ride is less than 10 minutes, but what's looong is the queue you'll see upon entering Disney Sea. To think that we went to Disney Sea on Tuesday, we were expecting not much people, compared if we go on a weekend-oh boy, I was wrong, so wrong 😮



One very particular distinction of Disney Sea from its Disneyland brothers and sisters would be the huge body of water in the middle-hence the name Disney Sea? Hahaha! But yeah, it has the huge lake in the middle, where you can ride a Pirates of Carribean-esque ship that traverses around it.


Ngiti ngiti bago malula.
Whatta fez hahahaha!
The first ride we tried was the Journey to the Center of the Earth, not only because it is the most accessible ride from the entrance, but also because as per Imman's aunt it's the most sought after ride in Disney Sea where lines can take as much as 2 hours! Kalokaaaaaa! And yesss, even with fast pass because everyone else had the brilliant idea of getting a fast pass for this one 🤔
Nobody got time fo dat
Upon checking from the map of Disney Sea (you can get this at the entrance, or at the stores), this ride is one of the most 'thrilling' rides in the whole park, and as you can see my face isn't thrilled about it. I am pretty mellow when it comes to my preference of rides, where I'd rather be bobbing along the horses at a carousel than seeking thrills in a loopy rollercoaster. Since I am not sure when will I visit this place again, and #YOLO, I gave this a chance.

#YOLO 😎💣🙃
For someone who is 'malululain' (x3 para tongue twister na), or someone who gets scared of sudden drops and rapid acceleration, I find this 'bitin' or it fell short from what I was expecting. Sure, it is thrilling, but I don't know it was so quick! Hahaha! Less than 2 minutes actually 😢 but I gotta commend the level of intricacy of details in that ride. You see, before you get to hop on the ride, you'll be walkimg to a labyrinth-like line where you'll see 'artifacts' and tools the charactes used to go to the center of the Earth, and after passing that you'll have to hop in to an elevator to finally get you to your ride. Just an FYI, do your bathroom business before going in, there are no bathrooms after the elevator ride ☝




Ayieee nagdedate!
Our next ride was the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, which is dark, literally. The ride simulates how is it like to be under the sea, so they make you hop in to these submarines where you get to share it with 4 other people. Once inside, you'll see the mirrors trying to depict you are underwater, then outside you get to see creatures, and beautiful corals. As much as I want to take photos there, IT IS SO DARK! My Note 5 could only do so much.





Ninja moves to take a photo of this, because people are not allowed to take photos.
Next stop was the Mermaid Lagoon, where if you are a Little Mermaid fan you'll want to stay here for the whole day! Inside the castle you'll be transported to a world that feels like you are exploring under the sea. Inside is the Mermaid Lagoon Theater where you can watch King Triton's concert. I say, this one is an absolute MUST-SEE ☝☝☝ It's a mixture of really great props, nice animation, and mermaid mad-core skills. There's a part of this concert where the actress playing Ariel was suspended in the air, doing backflips, and basically demonstrating how strong her core is! Mad skills there! 👏👏👏

I was suppose to buy an Ariel Animator doll, but for some reason Disney Sea doesn't have that product line of dolls, which made me soooo sad 😭 I was looking forward to buy a doll or two to add to my collection! But oh well, let's hope I get to buy a Mulan or a Jasmine baby on my next trip to Japan *tiwala lang* 🙃🤗

Good, but not phenomenal.



Marehan sa Agrabah






Since our route of the part is counter-clockwise, our next destination was the Arabiam Coast, where we saw Jasmine at the Agrabah market, and went on an adventure with Sinbad. Originally I wanted to ride Jasmine's Flying Carpet ride, but we ended up watching a performance at the theater-which I did not regret, because it was AMAZIIIING!






Once we get to the Lost River Delta part, the rides had become more extreme. Raging Spirits is a thrilling rollercoaster, but just like Journey to the Center of The Earth, this one is 'bitin' as well, because it lasted for only 2 minutes!! Good thing we had a fast pass for this one. On the other hand, the Indiana Jones' ride is amazing, because of the level of detail in the interior and architecture of the ride, but just like the other ones this is 'bitin' as well hahahahaha! We also waited a good 40 minutes for this 2 minute ride. Is it worth the waitz. HMM yeah, I suppose?





We decided to have our laaaate lunch after experiencing the rides at the Lost River Delta, because having a full stomach doesn't seem like a good idea when riding thrill rides. We ordered the special plate set, and the sandwich set. For our meal, we spent around ¥ 2,660 or roughly Php 1,300+ and I didn't even got full! 🙃🙃🙃 I don't blame the food, because the servings are decent and they are actually tasty, I was just so hungry because I have definitely burnt a lot of fuel screaming and running after Disney characters 😂😂😂


One cute thing I noticed during my day at Disney Sea are the people who don cute Disney character costumes. From what I know regular people (not employees of the park) are not allowed to wear costumes inside the park, but I think there is an exception during the Halloween season 🍊🍊🍊






Now, this is one ride that I was dreading to ride because I hate those sudden drops where it feels like you left your soul somewhere mid-air! Imman was pestering me at that time that we MUST try it out, because YOLO! It took me A LOT of persuading to finally give in, but when we got to the location- et voilaaaa! Even if we grab some fast pass, it'll take us a good 2 to 3 hours of waiting to be able to ride this one.



With all of that, let me end this blog, and the whole Japan series, with some advice should you ever find yourself wanting to go to Disney Sea soon 😍

1. Go on a weekday! To think that we've visited on a Tuesday and there are still quite a lot people, just imagine how much more people are there on a weekend!!!

2. Go early! I truly believe in the saying, 'the early worm catches the worm!" And that also applies to going to places, particularly this one! It helps going earlier because you get to ride most rides without waiting for longer periods of time, unlike if you go a bit later and the place is already packed. Yep, even the fast pass lane can get looong too!
Set your alarms!

3. Have a FULL Breakfast before going here! Food is expensive inside the park, and I am not even exaggerating here!!! Given that, better save your yens for more shopping by dropping by the nearest Lawson or New Day to grab yourself a tasty Onigiri, and some chocolates to prevent hypoglycemia 😂☝
Opt for rice, rice will be heavy and get you through until the afternoon ☝🍛🍚🍙
4. Bring a water container with you! There are plenty of water refilling stations, usually stationed at their canteens, so you can fill up your bottle and be hydrated. This is good also, because food and drinks inside the park are expensive! And hey, save the environment by not buying water with non-reusable bottles!

5. Bring tiny snacks! Preferrably those that you can stow away to the nook and cranny of your bag! Buy chocolate bars that you can munch on while waiting in line.
Yuuum!

6. Leave your heels at home! Wear your comfiest shoes instead! I tell you, if you are wearing sky-high heels, you won't be able to run after Mickey for a picture! Also, nobody likes getting blisters while discovering all the hidden Mickeys!

7. Try out all the rides! If you are like me, a chicken, I suggest that you shake off the cowardliness and hop in to the most thrilling rides! You'll never know when you'll be back -but if you do, good for you hahaha!- so might as well enjoy the thrill!

Channel your inner Vader ☝
And lastly, Have fuuuuun!

I had the time of my life when I went there, so I definitely recommend Disney Sea to be part of your itinerary should you ever find yourself goin' to Tokyo soon 😍

Aaaaand that's it for the Tokyo blog series! I don't think I'll be blogging about our last full day, because we only spent it in one place shopping hahaha! As for my next travels- oh wait, I still have the HK posts parked! Hahahhahahahahahah! Yeah, so I still have a thing or two about my previous trip to HK to blog about 🙌🙌🙌pandagdag content 😂

I am so thankful to Imman's family for inviting me to tag along with them in their family trip 🤗 Also, thankful to God for making one of my biggest dreams, which is to go to Japan, come true- and be able to go twice in a year! I still can't believe up to this day that I was blessed to experience all of those! I hope everyone get to experience it too! Here's praying that all of our dream travels come true soon 😘

Cheers, and hope you guys enjoyed my blog ❣



Love always!

Nicole 💝

You May Also Like

0 Comments