#NicGoesToTokyo - Outfit Check!

by - July 02, 2019

I suppose it's never really over hahahaha! Just kidding, this time I promise this is the very last for the Japan 2018 travel blog of mine! Di ako maka-get over huhuhu

Most of my blogposts were focused on the places, and experiences, so I figured why not do a blogpost featuring all the outfits I have worn during that trip! I figured I need a quick reference to look back whenever I would want to cringe at my sartorial choices 😂

Ok, let's begin, shall we?

Day 2

Hahaha!

Let's start with my favorite one from this trip! This is my 2nd day outfit totally disregarding my 1st day outfit because I look so worn down that day he he he., and I remember what I had in mind back then was, 'how am I going to wear this skirt without looking too wild?' I then figured, 'what the heck, YOLO, let's wear this with all the garments I love, YAHOO!' Hence the coat, and the boots! 😂😂😂😂

👘COAT: Stradivarius (my sister's hiramhiram din pag may time)
👘TURTLENECK: H&M
👘SKIRT: Forever21
👘TIGHTS: SM Dept. Store
👘BOOTS: Payless
👘BAG: Burberry (Given by my grandma)
👘EARRINGS AND ARIEL PIN: Class Act Ph 😍

Day 3


Dramarama sa hapon
Basically majority of my garments worn here were purchased during my Vietnam trip last September. For some reason, despite this day being at the latter part of October, it wasn't as chilly that day as I was expecting, hence the coat hanging lazily on my forearm. With that, it was also the perfect time to wear this blazer and skort coords, because the material of the coords are actually lightweight and I figured if it's cold that day my legs would definitely freeze. Also, I was vying for a preppy modernized Englishman look here, naks 🙌

♡COAT: Stradivarius ule
♡COORDS: Random store from Vietnam
♡SHIRT: Chatuchak Market, Thailand
♡BAG: Chat Chat, Hong Kong (gifted by Ate Lot)
♡SOCKS: Uniqlo (got it for Php 90 hahahha!)
♡SNEAKERS: Adidas

DAY 4


My outfit for this day is the most unplanned of all the clothes I wore, but I remember being fixated with my desire to wear my D.Va shirt that day! Luckily during our 1st day, I was able to score this Pink midi crushed-velvet pleated skirt at GU for the grand price of ¥100! Yessss, just Php 50!!! With that, I ended up buying another one in red for me, and then bought colors Blue and Yellow for my cousins as pasalubong.

♤COAT: Ukay-Ukay hihihi
♤SHIRT: Uniqlo
♤SKIRT: GU
♤BAG: Chat Chat
♤EARRINGS: Class Act Ph
♤SHOES (Not pictured): Adidas
DAY 5

Focus on me, not on Imman. He dressed like a slav here tho. 
Another must-do I have kept in mind is to wear tights during my trip to Japan, because this is the only time I can use them, since I won't be able to use them here in Manila you know, our country is as hot as hell. There was a time in my life where I would hoard all the fancy tights from Forever21 that were on sale, always thinking of putting together a Blair Waldorf-esque outfit, only I looked more of a confused Asian 'pa'-Kawaii girl instead 🤔 With that, what better way to make use of these article of clothing than to wear it to the most fashion-forward place in the universe!

... but yeah, I kinda cringe right now. Shouldn't have worn the white tights beneath this one 🙈

🐵 COAT: Stradivarius
🐵 TOP: Chatuchak Market, Thailand
🐵 SKIRT: Esprit
🐵 TIGHTS: Forever21
🐵 BOOTS: Payless
🐵 ARIEL PIN: Class Act Ph

DAY 6




Finally we have come to this one! My only goal for this one is to look Kawaii 🐽😍 The cute tights are actually a gift from my lovely friend, Hannah, who bought this in Japan a few years ago. Since we are heading to Disney Sea, I opt for an outfit that will keep me warm, because it was quite chilly that day (and Disney Sea is located near open waters so gets, it's cold), hence I wore this thick corduroy-like blue dress and my trusty lightweight black coat-yes, this coat is very light, don't be fooled by the fur. 

As for the bag, my tiny backpack is the best option, because I don't have to fuss about having something slinged on one side of my body 😂 and hey, this bag had served its purpose by snuggly accomodating my necessities such as powerbank, phone, wet wipes, a chocolate bar, lip and cheek tint, and a book 🤗

◇ COAT: Ukay-ukay
◇ DRESS: Ukay-ukay
◇ TIGHTS: Gifted by Hannah
◇ SHOES: Adidas
◇ BAG: Burberry

I did not add Days 7 and 8, because I didn't even bother asking to be photographed those days hahahaha!

Oh it me, basura girl!
With all these outfits I shared, I actually learned a thing or two from wearing them! And these are the lessons:

1. Comfort is king! 
In choosing what you'll be wearing, always opt for clothig that will enabke you to move without restrictions-and this is a big deal when travelling. Imagine wearing something really pretty, but you always have to pull and tug a riding skirt every single minute! Or wearing heels, but getting blisters every step you take!

2. Research on the weather, and culture of the place you are going to! 
Travelling to Japan in late October means you'll be welcomed by a chilly 10° to 19° celsius weather, so if you are not used to the cold ,and you are not like Elsa, learn the art of layering-or simply buy some thermal heat tech clothing you can wear underneath your outfit. As for the culture, since Tokyo is one of the fashion capitals of the world, be as crazy as you can be!-except maybe if you are expected to go to temples and formal places, dress accordingly.

3. Invest in a good outerwear! 
Rather than bringing a lot of coats with you (and filling up your luggage allocation that could have gone to food instead), just bring 2 classic coats or jacket, and your are good to go. Invest in a tŕusty trench coat in a camel color, because believe me a lot of things look good paired with this staple piece.

Like this one from Uniqlo!

4. On a budget? Ukay is the answer!
I don't know where did people get the notion that Ukay-ukay (or thrift shop clothing) pieces are taken from dead corpses! I mean, would someone wish to wear a bright emerald Blumarine lacy dress with the tag still intact during their funeral? Hmmm I don't think so. For those people who have hygienic concerns regarding clothes from ukay, the tip is to wash it with hot water, a half cup of vinegar, and good ol' Tide and Zonrox color safe 🤗 Shopping in Ukay-ukays is fun because you get to buy stuff that are unique, and sometimes you can even score designer brands that are hardly unused! You just have to have your eyes peeled in harvesting diamonds in the rough.
Hmmm might do a blog about this soon!

5. Wear whatever will bring you joy!
Conscious that people will judge you regarding your sartorial choices? Well, people will always say stuff, so might as well clash those prints, wear faux fur, don't follow the fashion book, and just wear whatever will make you happy! Believe me, you'll have better memories wearing fun things that brings you joy.

And that's it! I promise this is the last of the Japan 2018 travel series! Pramis, last na talaga, wala na din ako mapipiga! Now, I shall look forward to the next adventure-which I won't disclose para kahit ako ma-surprise! 🤗🤗😲



Love Always,
Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments