One Last Time #NicGoesToTokyo Day 5

by - December 27, 2019



At least for this year, because I'll be returning to Tokyo (then explore Kyoto and Osaka) next yeaaaaar! Woot woot! I will definitely blog about the whole planning and details of that trip- after that trip because I don't want to share our real-time itinerary during our trip hahahha baka i-padampot nyo ko dun chos.👅

Aside from the fact that this blog is about our last day in Japan, I've been playing Ariana Grande's One Last Time on loop! Hahaha, ok walang connect.




For our last day in Tokyo, we opt to stay within the vicinity of Shinjuku/Shibuya, given that our flight back to Manila was around 8 in the evening, which means we have to be at the airport at 6:00 PM to make sure we have ample time to buy last minute pasalubongs or Omiyage 😻




Markiplier in his 50's hahaha!
 Despite running around within Shinjuku only, there's A LOT of things to do and to see! There are a bunch of stores selling interesting finds, like a full specialty coffee store that sells different apparatus, and hard-to-find brews, perfect for every coffee connoisseur. Also, I did notice a couple of stores that sell second-hand designer goods that are reasonably priced. What's good about buying vintage bags in Japan is the fact that you can be assured that it's real, since fake goods are banned in the country. Another thing is, the Japanese are very meticulous about everything, so you can also be assured that despite getting your dream bag at a second-hand store, it's still in mint condition-almost as if it's brand new!







Since my cousins are looking forward to buying a pair of shoes from Esperanza, our first agenda was Lumine in Shinjuku, because it is the nearest mall that has an Esperanza store. For those who don't know, Esperanza is a japanese footwear brand that is soooooo comfortable to wear without sacrificing style. I first heard about this brand from one of Tricia Gosingtian's blogposts from before, and since then I have geared myself to buy a pair when I had the chance to go to Japan.

However, 3 trips after I still haven't gotten myself a pair hahahah! Most often than not, they don't have my size, or I don't particularly fancy any designs from the season. The latter is pretty much the case why I wasn't able to get myself a pair when we went to Lumine. Anyhoo, if you'd like to check out this brand, here's the link to their website: CLICK HERE


Badly wanting a lomo camera! WAAAH!
Revived
Sariling sikap OOTD hits!

Gojira
Given that my cousins would like to buy more shoes from Esperanza, they wanted to go to Shibuya 109 to check other designs from the Esparanza branch located in that mall, however I don't really feel like going all the way to Shibuya Wahahaha as if ang layo, hahaha tamaditis it is! I told them that I'll just stay within Shinjuku, and wander around alone. I must say, it's a great thing that I bought myself a Japan simcard for mobile data, because this enabled me to wander around alone without the need to depend on my cousin's wifi egg.

At first, I was all set to visit Sekaido, since every time I go there I was always in a hurry. My first time going there, I was only given 10 minutes to wander and buy anything my heart desires - with a budget, of course. On the second time, I arrived in Sekaido around 5 minutes before they close the store (this happened during the 3rd day when I wandered Tokyo alone at night). But as I approach Sekaido, 2 buildings away from it, I realized that I don't really need to go there, since the last time I checked I still have some art materials at home that can last me another year or two, and besides I already bought a couple of nibs, and brush pen for my bestfriend, Zai during that 5 minute dash in Sekaido. So instead of walking further, I retreated, and opt for something different instead.







And by different, I went to the business side of Shinjuku. Ever since I've been to the Yokohama Observatory deck before, I became more fond of going to high places to see the whole city from above. I have been meaning to go to Skytree in Asakusa for this trip, but my cousins don't want to because they've been there before *cue sad music*. Instead I opt for a nearer and less costly option, and that is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building is situated at the west side of Shinjuku, a kilometer away from Lumine in Shinjuku, or equivalent to a good 15 minute walk. The best thing about the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building is the fact that access to its obervatory deck on the 45th level is free, absolutely free. The only thing to keep in mind is to expect long lines (but not insaaaane lines that will make you wait for an hour). There are no public toilets at the ground floor near the queue, but you may enter the building if you feel like it, in the process losing your place in the lines hahaha~ 

At the observatory deck, you get to have a 360 degree view of Tokyo, where you can see other high towers like Skytree in Asakusa, and Tokyo Tower in Roponggi- Hey, you can also see Mt. Fuji there! As long as it's not as cloudy or foggy that day.



After a brief 20 minutes at the observatory, I walked back in the center of Shinjuku, where I managed to swing by GU for one last shopping spree. To be honest, I wasn't able to buy much during this trip, given that my major expenses went to food, and with that I managed to have a certain amount of yens at the end of my trip. I was able to score myself some 400 Yen jeans ,which is around 200 pesos! Not bad, eh?




I no longer remember which mall is this from, but I was amazed that they offer capsule cooking classes! I might take a class or two in Feb *wink*




Arrived back to the hotel, 3 hours earlier our flight time =)))


These are my favorite cookies ever! Shiroi Koibito are cookies that have 2 different flavor fillings, which are chocolate and white chocolate. These cookies are heavenly, and they are available in 12s, 18s, 24s, and 36s, with the 36s in an elaborate tin can box.

A TINY TIP:
If you love Royce, Tokyo Milk Cheese, and Tokyo Banana, opt to buy it in the airport. These treats, as well as exotic KitKat flavors are available in airports across Japan, so don't fret if you'll be departing from either Haneda, or Narita, because sure enough you'll be able to spot the store that sells these goodies! Oh and these are more affordable compared to buying it in Don Quijote, or other places in Japan.

And that's it with my Tokyo 2019 trip! Though short, this trip has been amazing, and truly memorable! I can't wait for February 😉😉😉😉😉

Love Always,

Nicole❤❥♥🎔💞
Best thing I bought along with me hahahaha!


You May Also Like

0 Comments