#NicGoesToTokyoPT2 - Outfit Check

by - December 28, 2019



Given that I put effort in my #OOTD every time I travel overseas, heck! Let me put more effort in putting up this blogpost hahaha! #AForEffort 😼 



DAY 1
Hat - From Vietnam
Shirt - IDK HAHAHA!
⭐ Trousers - GU
Satchel - Chat Chat
Sneakers - Adidas
Necklace - Divisoria


Since I don't like wearing leggings, unless I'll be doing something athletic (which I'm 0% of), I opt for these Sailor moon printed velvet wide trousers from GU which is perfect for the unexpected rise and fall of temperature in Tokyo during 1st week of October. I got these trousers during my trip to Fukuoka August of last year, and I remember buying it for only 400 yen, or Php 200!

SAAAALE-lor Moon ;)

I matched it with a versatile ratty old grey shirt, of which I have no idea where I got it from probably my sister's old shirt.



DAY 2
Blazer - Ukay-Ukay
Blouse - Forever21
Shorts - Forever21
Socks - H&M
Earrings - Zara
Satchel - Chat Chat
Sneakers - Adidas

Despite having all the access to information, I still find it hard to dress appropriately for the weather, especially taking in consideration that we'll be heading near Mt. Fuji that day. 

Thank God, I didn't end up this way
For that day, we started our journey to Gotemba Outlets - which is kinda cold, so the blazer came in handy. For the next stop, we headed to Oshino Hakkai- which is kinda hot, so I took off the blazer but let the socks warm my chilly shins. Lastly, our trip to Kawaguchi lake (near Mt. Fuji), was pretty breezy, but doesn't feel icy cold, so I left my blazer in the coaster while we take photos and have more icecream. 

I suppose the inspiration for this #lewk are mannequins from TopShop circa 2010 hahaha! I remember back then, TopShop was notorious for styling their mannequins with corsets, kimonos, denim cut-offs with tights underneath- and I guess I felt the need to fulfill my dream of becoming a TopShop mannequin for a day HAHAHA!

Just putting this here for no apparent reason



DAY 3
💝 Shirt - Pink Manila
💝 Dress - Ukay-Ukay
💝 Satchel - Chat Chat
💝 Socks - H&M
💝 Oxfords - Payless

I've had this dress/pinafore for quite a while, but I don't really know where to wear it in Manila, given that it's made of heavy material, and tend to be a bit warm when worn. It was my sister who bought this to me during one of her Ukay escapades, and even touted this as 'Korean Uniform' Hahaha! Good thing I wore this when visited the Meiji Garden, because it was surprisingly chilly there, but because this dress is pretty thick I didn't need to bring a cardigan with me.

Basically this is my Pasok-Na-Acoe-Sa-Iskul Lewk,



DAY 4
💙 Blazer - Saint Laurent
💙 Shirt - Uniqlo
💙 Shorts - Ukay-ukay
💙 Bag - H&M
💙 Sneakers - Adidas
💙 Earrings - Class Act Ph

Now this one is my favorite #Lewk for this trip, because I can actually wear this even in Manila hahaha! When I packed my clothes for this trip I didn't really plan for this overall look, given that I didn't anticipate that my shorts and my blazer are in a similar shade of blue, which to my delight turned out to look like they are coordinates! Also, I am wearing my Class Act Ph earrings, which are light AF, compared to my eksaherada Acrylic ones from Zara. So even if I wore it the whole day, my earlobes did not suffer.

Ohhhh and another factor why I love this outfit is because of my D.Va T-shirt, which I bought in Uniqlo. I remember buying this for its original price of Php 700+, which is a WRONG MOVE, because after a couple of weeks the Uniqlo Overwatch collection was put into sale. So from Php 700+ to Php 300+ 😠😠

Me to Uniqlo
Lesson learned, I suppose? Haaaay Uniqlo, I just hope you create designs with Widowmaker on your next collaboration so I can repeat that mistake again hahahaha!

Lastly
DAY 5
👹 Blazer - Ukay-ukay
👹 Dress - Forever21
👹 Sock - H&M 
👹 Sneakers - Adidas
👹 Satchel - Chat Chat

And finally, my last outfit which was a mishmash of everything HAHAHA! I got lazy already, so I wore this 'spare' dress and just be comfy, given that I'll also be wearing this for our flight back home at night. Just a fun fact, this Forever21 dress has been with us (because it is originally my sister's hahaha!) for more than 5 years! I remember she has this dress even before she gave birth to Julianna, and yet the dress is still standing without any tears or signs of wear. So I guess you can see some treasures in a sea of fast fashion.

Now that we have dissected my fashion faux pas for this trip (HA HA HA), let me share a couple of tips just in case you want it

1. Always bring a spare outfit
 - I know this is against the travel light motto of some people, but I think this tip is necessary especially if your itinerary is as rigid as our government. Also, take in consideration those unexpected emergencies, like what if you unexpectedly have your period, or that your dress' zipper snagged - which happened to me that time.

But then again, you can also opt to just buy a brand new outfit, given that there are a lot of affordable options scattered all around Tokyo.

2. Two pairs of shoes will suffice
- What kinds of shoes, you ask? It depends on your destination, as well as the temperature or season of that place you'll be heading to. For instance, I think it's pretty daft to wear sandals during spring in Tokyo, given that it is still pretty cold, and that also applies to bringing boots in the middle of August in Fukuoka.

Instead, opt for versatile pairs of shoes, like white sneakers or plain nude ballerina flats. Just make sure to wear something comfortable, to equip you for the long walks ahead.

3. Bring 2 kinds of bags
- My go-to's are a roomy backpack for airport and long trips (like going to day trips to provinces), and a medium size satchel that is big enough for you to bring your passport, wallet, wifi device, powerbank, and other essentials like medicines and small snacks.

Also, invest in good quality bags that won't snap while you're taking photos of stilt houses in Tai O village.

And that's it! This is a 'shorter' one compared to the other outfit check posts I've had in the past, given that our Tokyo trip was shorter than the previous ones!

Love Always,

Nicole 😻💘


You May Also Like

0 Comments