Centered in Central #NicGoesToHongKong Day 2

by - July 01, 2019


For day 2 of our trip to Hong Kong we immediately started it off with our favorite past time: Shopping!

[DISCLAIMER: This post will have little to no sense in terms of photos, because I hardly took any without my face in it. I am that vain, deal with it.]
Me at my natural habitat.
Spot the kilay.
As you can see in this photo, I have made bedroom chic + high street edge work. I was able to make this 'lewk' work not because I have such high fashion prowess, but because I haven't taken a bath at that time yet, and I got too excited to go out that I just put on my skort just so I don't leave our Airbnb in full Unicorn pajama regalia. By the way, this was taken in Monki near Miramall 🙊☝




After getting all sort of stuff from Monki, we head back to our Airbnb to finally take a bath- which in my defense, we were in HK in January and the weather was so cold and lovely that you can go out for a brief time without taking a shower (but please take a shower hahahaha!), we then have lunch, then head to K11 mall before going to the other side in Kowloon. One of the brands that caught my attention, and heart, was Cecilia Ma's pop-up store. As seen above, her purses are adorable! They have Kate Spade's wit, as well as Betsey Johnson's novelty, which are the perfect recipe for a cool brand 👌 but what's not cool is it's price tag, they are quite hefty for my slim pockets 💵



Some cute stuff in the pop-up consignment booths scattered around the mall.
After looking around expensive stuff in K11 mall, we decided to head out to ICC mall at Central to look for even more expensive stuff we won't even end up buying! Hahahah!
Known to have great egg tarts 'DAW', pero wala namang eggtarts dito. Luh.
We used to have this in the PH, but it left us 😢



Vain person alert #1

At the Gucci store, where we enjoyed looking at jeweled encrusted Bees. Don't worry, Jollibee is still mah BAE 🐝
Guess what? The hat I was wearing here costs Php 21,000! Wtf, I could've bought 100s of boxes of Mochi Ice with that!!!! ☝☝☝☝





As I have mentioned awhile ago, ICC mall is a place chock full of expensive stuff! Although, basically expensive brands are scattered around Hong Kong, where you can breeze inside a Fendi store without staff silently judging you. Unlike here in the Philippines, despite being like 30 meters away from the store front, you can already sense how the store assistants of big brands are already estimating how much money your account has based on the shoes you have on 💁

Anyway, before I go on full rant about social inequilibrium, we spent quite a time walking around ICC mall, just talking about what variant of Nissin cup noodles am I going to buy next, or how many Kinder Surprise boxes will be able to fit my luggage.


I don't know what am I trying to prove in this photo 🙈
Oh and we also took a bunch of photos outside hahahaha! Supposedly, we actually planned on going to The Peak just so we can have a Starbucks at the top, and have Mak's Noodles as well. But since we have already went there before, we decided to alot the funds for activities we have yet to try in the coming days instead, so we gave the The Peak a hard pass instead.

Presyong ginto amps
One of the best coffee in HK 7Eleven
A Hong Kong trip without Mochi Ice? NEVER!
This milk tea is trés magnifique - and basically has the cheapest price in 7Eleven 😍
Party hardy🐣👏
Just like our Lan Kwai Fong escapade 6 years ago, 7Eleven saved us from our miseries. Drinking in Lan Kwai Fong, and basically the whole of Hong Kong is Expensive! A shot glass worth of Tequilla will take you around 30 to 40 HK$! Since we are broke, too 'meh' to drink, and the place is not buzzing with people because we went there on a Sunday (it gets packed on Friday and Saturday nights!), we indulged in iced coffee, milk tea, and Mochi Ice instead. As you can see from the last photo, milk tea is enough to put me into party mode-lol, we did not party though because dem titas are tired 😪😫😴


Before our day officially ended, we stopped over at Langham Place mall in Mongkok first to check out some trendy stuff there. One of the good stores there is Rabeanco, which sells really good leather bags. There is this one particular bag that I love sooo much, but after having a careful deliberation with the whole of my 26 personalities, the verdict was 80% no and 20% go buy it 💁 I really like that bag tho. Unlike me, my cousin ended up with two bags, that girl has no chill 🙈🛍💁👏


But don't fret, I was still able to shop for something I love, and this is something my heart fully desires 🐣🍳

Love always, 

Nicole 🐽



You May Also Like

0 Comments