"Cultured-Like-Yakult" Day

by - July 30, 2018

Basically, the title of this post is the agenda of this day. July 7, 2018 was indeed a productive, and culture-filled day! I remember squeezing in sooo many activities, that ended up turning right! Anyway, let me put on my story-telling mode on...

WERQ IT
Initially, the only agenda I have set for that day was to apply for our (Me and Imman's) Japan visa, which we have planned a couple of weeks ago. We really don't have any plans later that day, except to take turns in playing Overwatch or stuffing ourselves with chicken. Well, things turned a bit interesting when...
... yup, Hannah asked me to go to a ballet with her ♥ I haven't been to a ballet before, and figured why not see it- and it's free! Hahaha! With that, July 7, 2018's plans includes: Japan Visa Application in the morning + Ballet in the evening.



In the morning, we applied for our Japan Visa in Reli Tours Dusit Thani branch in Makati. I was expecting long lines, and long hours for the application, but oh boy I was wrong. There were no lines, and we actually spent 10 minutes only in Reli Tours- I'll blog about Japan Visa application soon ☺ Leaving me with sooooo much time to waste before the 7:30 PM Ballet at Aliw Theater. Good thing, me and Imman's mind seemed to have synchronized, and decided to go to the National Museum or Natural History in Manila.


One of the things to consider when going to the museums in Manila, especially when you have a car, is parking. You see, there aren't much parking slots near the museums, and no matter how enticing it seems to just park your car anywhere near the vicinity of the museums, please don't, unless you don't mind losing your side mirrors- or worse, your car. With that dilemma, we decided to park our car in SM Manila, which is a stone's throw away from the Museums. By the way, just so you know the three museums namely: National Museum of Fine Arts, National Museum of Anthropology, and the newest one, National Museum of Natural History are all close to each other, so you wouldn't need to take a pedicab or a grab to go from one place to another.

Once we arrived in SM Manila, we decided to eat some lunch first, since there aren't any good place to eat near the area of the museum.

Yes, we only ate mayo, mustard and some garnishings; that's how committed we are with Keto ☺
From SM Manila, we walked going to National Museum of Natural History, since it is near and it's not yet raining that time. On our way to the museum, we passed by National History of Anthropology, and Rizal Park.


The facade of the museum is majestic. However what we saw next is not so majestic...


Yup, there's a loooong queue going to the main entrance of the museum. If you are with younglings, PWDs or Senior Citizens, you can bypass this line by entering another door that can give you a fast pass to the museum- lol, ginawang Disneyland ride. After around 15 minutes of being in line, we have finally reached the door! Just when we thought we are finally getting inside the museum proper...


There are more lines inside the foyer!!!!!! Hahaha. KALURKS! Rather than getting annoyed by the fact that there are sooooo many people, especially teenagers and students, I actually felt happy and glad that kids these days are actually going to museums to learn and be as cultured-as-a-yakult as well!

*Side story: When we were in line, we saw this kid with a Yakult-shaped backpack! I'm not shit-brixing here, there really is a kid lugging around a Yakult bag! Such Culture indeed (I should have taken a photo of the kid, she is #goals!)*


The first notable thing you'll see is the "Tree of life" which is basically a beautiful elevator that you won't be allowed to ride. Another thing that will welcome you is this guy:

A same sized replica of Lolong, the largest crocodile in captivity.
There are still some parts of the museum that aren't open or completed, particularly the upper floors- but hey, everyone should go and see the museum! Oh, haven't I mentioned that admission is free... FOREVER? Yep, I think this is our government's way of encouraging its citizens to learn more about our history, our culture, and the arts that our country has. So, if you're thinking of going, but you only have money for transpo and a Paotsin meal, don't worry, the admission to the 3 museums I have mentioned are free forever.

Here are some 'reminders' when it comes to museum-hopping:
1. The 3 mentioned museums have no admission fees! But they are closed during Mondays- just like most of the museums all over the world.
2. It is best to wear your comfiest shoes! You'll be walking a lot, however there are a lot of stools and seats to cool down when you feel your feet is about to give up on you.
3. Don't bring to much stuff! If you bring a backpack or any big bag, they'll ask you to leave it in the baggage counter, which has a looooong line.
4. Don't bring pens, art materials, and weapons- I mean, c'mon you won't need those things.
5. Bring a small nifty umbrella. In order to go to the 3 museums, you'll be walking in paths that don't have any sheds, and with the weather these days, you're a fool if you don't have on hand.


Anyway, I won't explain much about the museum, since I really encourage everyone to go and visit the 3 museums! Instead, here are some photos I have taken during our excursion




Masaya sya guys, di lang sobrang halata


After seeing all the wonders the National Museum of Natural History has to offer, we realized that it was only 1:30 pm, and we still have soooooo much time to spend before my 7:30 PM ballet with Hannah. With that, we decided to go to our favorite museum, The National Museum of Fine Arts, just to see our favorite Juan Luna piece.
Anlaking balakid




After going through our favorite pieces of Art in the museum, we realized that we have only spent 30 minutes in the Museum, and we have already seen what we want to see! Also, it's only 2PM! That's when we decided to go back to SM Manila and watch The Incredibles 2 HAHAHA! Yes, the turns of events in that day are very unexpected and fun. But what's not fun was the sudden pour that caused a lot of floods and blockage in Manila.

No exaggeration here
I was thiiiis close to giving up on ballet night! But since I actually looked forward for it, I still insisted! Despite already arriving in Trinoma from SM Manila, I quickly took an MRT ride going to Taft, then from Taft an LRT ride going to Vito Cruz. One stupid realization I had is, I should have taken an LRT ride coming from the nearest station to SM Manila, rather than go to Trinoma! But oh well. it already happened! I arrived in Aliw Theater at around 8:00 PM, and I think I missed 2 performances *cue sad song*


Initially, I thought I'd find ballet boring. I thought only those from alta-ciudad would appreciate something like this, but hey I was wrong. I admit, my taste on things aren't refined, but hey this girl really enjoyed ballet. One of the notable performances that got stuck in my mind was "Bru" which is a mix of Latin/Salsa dance and Ballet. Another thing that I truly loved was "Arachnida", which fuses sensuality, power, and grace- Basta, maganda sya! Would I want to watch ballet again? Definitely! Should I encourage people to watch ballet? YES!

So there you have it, one of the rare productive weekends of my life ☺

Love, Always,

Nicole ♥

You May Also Like

0 Comments