What I Did In 2023

by - January 05, 2024

Something I should consistently do on a yearly thing is collate the artworks I did for the year. Aside from it will be easier for me to look back on what I did, it’s also easier for me to see how I have improved on and give myself a pat in the back.

Recently, I’ve been toying on the idea of reviving Class Act Ph and learn how to edit & make videos in my spare time- by spare time meaning I’ll be lessening my social media scroll time for more productive moments! Who knows, I might even start posting in this blog every week this year 🥹😂 

Anyhoooo, let me present all the artworks I have created in 2023 in no particular order because Blogger doesn’t want me to post my photos in the order I want 🥴

1.  THE MARNI


Ok, quick story on this artwork: When I posed this in my Instagram account I immediately received a message from an email claiming to be from Marni that they even end up sending me a ‘contract’ for their influencer campaign hahaha! After reading it I immediately deleted it and blocked the email address. It’s simply to good to be true to fall for it, y’know 🥹 But hey, who knows perhaps someday we’ll be able to work with the real team behind my favorite brand *manifesting* ✨

2. PURPLE SKY


3. AUTUMN IN TOKYO


Something I would love to experience once again is spending autumn in Tokyo, Japan! Well, come to think of it I just want to spend all year in Japan- and yes that includes their scorching summer season ☀️

4. NYC FALL

As inspired by the pumpkin spice girlies out there, I created an artwork reimagining a corporate girly out for a quick pumpkin spice latté run in between meetings in New York City. I don’t understand the buzz with pumpkin spice, though because it tastes so much like a dish and not complimentary to coffee- wait, are pumpkin spice lattés infused with coffee or just milk???

5. DALAGANG PILIPINA 


Modern Filipina in Filipino colors. I was supposed to draw a Neil Felipp Minauderie bag, but I got lazy lol.

6. YOR IN ACTION

The first of many SpyxFamily artworks I did this year, most of them still stuck in the drafts folder 🥲

7. ALICIA


8. SUMMER IN OSAKA


As I have mentioned above, I would love to spend the a whole year in Japan even during the hottest and wettest time of the year: August. I imagined my dream outfit during Summer there to look like this, and yes complete with a Loewe x Studio Ghibli collab puzzle bag 🫰🏻Once again *manifesting* ✨

9. JUST WANNA SAY HELLO 🖐🏻


It’s been years since I have last drawn a guy! Before my peg for the guy was Daniel Radcliffe as Hrry Potter, complete with the glasses and sweater hahaha! Times have changed hence now the peg is a generic white model in Uniqlo 🥹🤣

10. THE WEDDING


My first foray into drawing a wedding dress 👰🏻‍♀️ I used a couple of different brushes to create that glittery glow look, then used a couple of layers to do the veil.

11. SEEING DOUBLE


A little POP look. I drew this while I was waiting for Ken while he was shooting the premiere for Ant-Man in SM Aura last Feb. 14, I also remember earlier that day I briefly spent time with Aiza and Trizia after sending our requirements for South Korean visa- Luckily we got the visas and we’re able to have our trip their last March.

12. SLOW DANCE

Drawing a dream bag = *manifesting* hahaha! I have been into Danse Lante Phoebe bags since 2021, and was able to acquire 5 bags already! The next one I want is in this blue and white colorway ☁️. Also, I remember drawing this thinking of what I would have worn if I was able to nab those highly coveted Taylor Swift Eras tour in Japan in Feb. Unfortunately, after so many attempts, the universe did not let me win this time… oh well 🥹🥹🥹

13. BUKAS NA LANG

Back then I remember how I would love to do typography and calligraphy once I have acquired an iPad Pro, lo and behold I was able to do one after 2 years of owning my unit! Also, I did this after a stressful day at work hahaha! What a motivation 🤷🏻‍♀️

14.PETIT BRIDE


As we grow old our preferences also change, and that includes the type of wedding gown I want. When I was younger, I really want a gorgeous princess ball-type gown with all the sparkly beads ✨ But nowadays, considering how expensive weddings tend to be, and how I don’t want to spend much on a wedding dress, I’m more into short chic dresses that feels more retro than regal.

15. YOR IN 21ST CENTURY


What Yor Briar would have looked like if she’s the same femme fatale in 2023.

16. OLIVIA


17. GINNY


18. AIRE


One of the fun things I have done this year was aerial hoop, and it was a pain in the ass, literally. Similarly, aerial silk is an activity that will leave you with bruises! I have also tried aerial silk once in Beast House here in Kapitolyo, despite how difficult it is to balance and lift yourself with a fluid material, it’s a challenge I would like to revisit this year- If I have extra funds 🫡

19. CRYBABY USAGI


20. APOLLO SKIN


One of my milestones in 2023 was the Apollo Wellness Camp Event last April, where we invited some influencers to a day of fun and wellness with Apollo Skin Solutions! Supposedly, I wanted to design a set of stickers to be given away during the event, but I wasn’t able to manage my time and only able to make one only.

21. WE DON’T LIKE BULLIES.


22. I PLAY TO WIN 🐰


Yes, Overwatch 2 sucks but I still can’t get enough of playing it hahaha! I have tried Valorant several months ago, but it doesn’t entertain me as much hahaha! I have yet to try APEX and see if it’ll be a game I’ll add in between my rotation of Sims 4 and Overwatch 😂🫠

23. WILLOW


I started drawing this piece since 2021, and only in 2023 when I have gained the motivation to actually finish it. I had quite a hard time coloring the wood details, I even wanted to opt using a wooden finish brush, but it just feels wrong. 

One thing I could probably do next are Taylor Swift artworks based on her numerous Eras- I am looking at you Red Era hehe ❤️♥️

24.  GRATEFUL HEART



24 artworks in 2023! I am proud to finish 24 artworks in a year considering how jampacked the year was.

So what’s next? Aside from plans of finishing a lot of drawings in my drafts, doing more Taylor Swift Eras-inspired artworks, and do more calligraphy, I want to relearn the basics in terms of drawing in different perspectives, right shadow placement, and proportions, and then eventually be able to create more vivid backgrounds to fully create a story instead of just a look 🫰🏻

It was a fun-filled creative 2023, and hopefully more inspiration and opportunities come our way this 2024 ✨

Love Always,
Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments