Bits and Pieces of Heaven: Tokyo Art Haul

by - December 07, 2018



Ok, fine! For someone with a lot of time in her hands, I am a failure for being to late
in posting blog posts! But as the saying goes, good things take time!

You to me
Rather than doing nothing, let me share with you guys some of the art loot I have acquired during my Tokyo trip last October! Quick disclaimer: Not all were purchased from Sekaido ☝

Goodieeees!


First item is this Pentel Vistage water brush with a medium sized brush. If I'm not mistaken, I was able to buy this for around ¥300? Which is roughly around Php 150, not bad, I must say! I have always loved using Pentel waterbrushes, because they are not too soft, yet they are easy to maneuver. Sadly, this kind of waterbrush is not sold here in The Philippines, however there are some online shops that sell this for around Php 250+

The next item is this Tombow brushpen, that still makes me wonder why I bought it when it is also sold here in The Philippines 🤔🤔🤔 I already have the soft tipped brush, which is kind of beginner-unfriendly, given that it's harder to control it. I can't remember how much this is, but it is probably a good Php 30 less expensive than the SRP here in The PH. By the way, this one has a harder tip, haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it is easier to use hahaha!



I AM A SUCKER FOR ANYTHING METALLIC AND GLITTERY! I was supposed to treat myself with another Copic marker set (which unfortunately Sekaido doesn't carry, bummer!), or get myself the most basic Holbein set (wasn't able to fully check the Holbein corner because of time constrains), so I ended up with the one conveniently placed near the escalators, this. I already got myself a shimmer set of pastel colors from Yamamoto Bumpodo during my Fukuoka trip, so I figured why not get myself in solid colors now? Hahaha! Like the Pentel waterbrush, I don't think this is available in The Philippines. This baby retails for around ¥ 1000+, which is not bad, given that pearlescent pans aren't affordable (looking at you Finetec!).


AHHHH, the only non-calligraphy art item that I purchased! This is a plastic clay, where to use it you must melt it in hot water before you could mold it. What's good about this is you can use it again and again, you just have to melt it with hot water. I actually already have one of this before, and I often use it as a mold, which is perfect whenever I have bulk orders and I can't be botherer to do it all by hand hahaha! This retails for ¥100, but you can also buy this from online sellers for around Php70-100.

The odd one out! This Sailor brush pen is the only item I did not buy from Sekaido, in fact I got this when I purchased make-up in Tokyu Hands. I really did not intend on buying this, because I see no need for another brush pen, but hey you're not always in Japan, so YOLO! I think this is retailed at ¥150, and yes unfortunately it isn't available in The Philippines.


Last but not the least are these nibs, which are worth every cent! I got each for ¥70, or Php 35 only!!!! This is a major steal, given that you cannot find reeeeally affordable nibs at this price point in Manila. Aside from the fact that is affordable, it's also a delight to use it. I still can't believe that with that price, it really punches on the performance!

And there you have it, a quick Tokyo Art Haul! I swear if I was given more time, I could have bought more, especially mop brushes! There are a lot of beautiful goodies that you can buy in Japan, that I will never ever stop telling people to go there, because Japan = Art heaven 😇

Love Always,

Nicole 😙❣

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Appreciate! Thanks mate. I am really impressed with your writing talents and also with the layout on your weblog.

    Copic ink refill
    Copic Sketch Markers Set
    copic ciao markers canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonas! Hope you enjoyed reading my blog 👌

      Delete