Heaven is in TOKYOOOO!: #NicGoesToTokyo

by - November 21, 2018

Just when I thought Heaven is only located in Fukuoka, particularly Yamamoto Bumpodo, imagine my kokoro when I discovered the 5 story worth of Art items in Sekaido!

With special participation of Jhude's cap.
Prior to going to Tokyo, I have already researched, and even allotted quite an amount for my trip to Sekaido. Basing on how much I have spent in Yamamoto Bumpodo last August (hi, Copic Markers), I braced myself with the high possibility of losing my control over my credit card!
Me.ME
So first things first, where is Sekaido? From what I have researched, they have different branches all over Tokyo, but their main one is in Shinjuku. As I have mentioned above, it has 5 floors sprawling with different Art items, from pens to paints, clays to wood, papers to nibs and even frames! They have everything! I want to buy everything!

But since I was travelling then with a big group, I wasn't given the luxury to stay there the whole day, instead I had only 10 minutes to fully explore, and figure out what I wanted to buy (in the last minute, I decided to keep my options open haha). Anyhoo, let me just share with you all the photos I took during my speedy shopping spree!

PEEEEENS GALORE!
MARKERSSS!
Way more affordable than the ones sold here!

I got one!



OOODLES OF PAINTS!


Nibs galore!


Washis!




The following photos made my heart skip a bit, only to break it after *cue Adele*

POLYMER CLAAAAYS!





Soooooo, here are some notes, little quips, and things I think people who would like to go to Sekaido should know:

1. Allot a budget for it! I swear, if you are like me, who wouldn't think twice choosing to go hungry over getting a new paintbrush, it will be painful if you go there with an empty wallet! So, save up!

2. Allot at least an hour or 2 when you go here! There's 5 floors full of heavenly delights in every corner, it would be a shame if you won't be able to see all of its glory! Also, if you have more time, you'll be able to compare prices, and brands!

3. The nibs sold here are waaaaaay less expensive than the ones sold here in Manila. Though, there are still those that costs a lot, but c'mon, where can you see nibs as inexpensive at Php 30+ in Manila? NOWHERE! SO BUY SO MANY NIBS, I TELL YAH!

4. I wasn't able to see any Copics during my visit, and I'm not sure if they don't have Copics or if they are stowed away in a fancy cabinet somewhere in the store. But I doubt that they are stored anywhere that is not within the reach of customers, because brands such as Holbein and Sennelier are readily available for people to check out.

5. The queues can be quite long. Have patience, my friend.

6. They accept credit card payment! But I opt for my Yens instead.

7. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance! They are very friendly, and will go out of their way to help you- even if 70% of the time you'll get lost in translation.

8. They have different brands of polymer clays, and even air dry ones, but they are soooooo expensive. I don't know why, since I was expecting the Modena ones to be less expensive in Japan, but it's the same price as the ones sold online here in The Philippines. As for a 50g Staedtler clay, they go for 400+ Yen, or around Php200+! That's expensive, ok?! I ended up not buying any clay that day *cue more sad songs, louder!*. Might as well just ask my older sister to buy me clays in Michael's or Jo-ann's when she goes to NYC soon.

And lastly...


9. Yup guys, pay your items on its designated floor. You can't pay for all the stuff  you got when you go back down to the ground floor.

I am proud to say that I did not blow my budget, and was only able to spend a max of 3000 yen! Although, to be honest I allotted 10,000 yen for this trip, but since I only have 10 minutes to wander, I just got things that look sparkly... and yes, no Copic Markers *cue Adele again*

Pasok Adele!

Will share my loot in my next post *wink*

Love Always,

Nicole




You May Also Like

2 Comments