Do I really need a camera?

by - March 27, 2017

By camera, what I mean is the stand-alone one, and not the 8 mega pixels of my old iPod touch.

(https://www.tenor.co/view/oh-gif-4291207)
While this may seem such a 1st world problem, I have actually ponder on this subject for quite some time already. Should I invest in a good camera, not only for travelling, but also for y'know taking photos of stray cats trying to strangle each other for a piece of fish outside of our house? And if I did conclude to agreeing, what camera should I buy?

(https://www.tenor.co/view/batman-interesting-chin-gif-4540781)

Due to the amount of self-help books I have read recently, I think it's best to put it into practice, and help myself decide (HAHA, loner Wala friends) through old fashioned PROS and CONs.

(https://www.tenor.co/view/geez-jeez-geewhiz-enchanted-amyadams-gif-5014678)
Let's get started then :)

PROS
1. You won't get a sucky photo like this, ever again:
Wow...lights.
Sure, it's night time, but that doesn't mean your phone or whatever mobile device should go berserk when it comes to ISO controls-oh wait, it is out of control. Not that you are ridiculing whatever you have right now (holla Samsung Galaxy S5, and iPod Touch generation... umm year 2012), but clearly those devices suck when it comes to controlling, and getting the most of light-or in this case, low light. However, if you do have a camera with high ISO sensitivity, from let's say 100 to 16000 ISO, people would have figured that this photo is not supposed to be a trying-hard boke fest, but a pretty al fresco dinner spot.What more if you're given a chance to see the Aurora Borealis and you only have your sad as potatoes, kulelat-sa-ISO mobile phone camera? Clearly, whatever you have right now won't give justice to the Northern lights.

2. You can finally stop blaming your shaky hands (Pasmado, yo!)
Pocahontas won't see the colors of the wind with this photo's quality
Nobody likes a blurry photo! The only time blurry is acceptable is when you want to erase away the imperfections in your face, and accidentally blur away your nose as well. Usually, most phones and mobile devices don't have stabilizers, hence when you take photos you have to be as still as Kristen Stewart's face. But that's the thing, most of the time we cannot uphold the Kristen Stewart way of life, because life will constantly 'SHOOKT' us. With that, the best way to capture the best lively and spontaneous moments is by having a camera that has Anti-Motion Blur.

3. Square won't cut it.
You haven't seen all of it yet
There are those beautiful sceneries that you wish you would have captured in all of their entirety, unfortunately your phone can only deliver a square cut of it. Sure, mobile devices nowadays have panorama features in them, but like my number 2 Pro example, you have to be completely still! For instance, I once tried doing a panoramic shot of The Peak in Hong Kong. I was so focused in capturing all of its coolness, until a rowdy kid bumped into me, causing my panoramic shot wonky with a severed head effect in it. Not cool. But if you do have a camera that will let you have the perfect panoramic shot with just an effortless sweep? You won't lose your head anymore (he he he no.).

4. Manual Settings!
Wer na U? Wer na U?
There were times whenever I would think, "Ohhhh, this would make a good photo!", then I'd whip my phone out, and try to capture the photo to mimic how I see it. After taking the photo, I'd check the gallery, and end up asking 'Anyare?'. This, my friends, is what happened when you don't have adequate controls with your camera. Basically, with phones and other mobile devices, the controls are very basic, so you'll end up with basic photos. Unlike if you have a stand-alone camera that will enable you to play with settings, you can discover techniques, and not be confused when your Photography professor started talking about Circles of confusion.

3. BETTER VIDEOS!
HAHAHANGGULO-GULO NA
Imagine my shock when I watched this after shooting this. I remember being so excited to show this to my Star Wars Fanatics friends, but when I saw this, I felt like forgetting about it instead. Now, if I do have a better camera with Full HD 1080/60i/24p or 1080/30p MP4 Movies, I'd be the next Michelle Phan! I'd be able to shoot crisp as fork videos of me saying nonsense things in youtube, or create a blow by blow commentary of the fighting cats in my hood! Just thinking of it, makes me want to leave my seat, and go to the nearest mall... but wait, there's more!

4. No more ringing while you blinging.
(https://www.tenor.co/view/30rock-phone-cellphone-gif-5281098)
Have you ever had that moment where you were about to take the sickest, blingin' selfie in the whole world with your 5 MP front camera phone, then somebody decided to call you in...with your phone?! Hahahahaha, 1st world problem much, but seriously, it's so annoying! I can't focus on my angles hahaha! But if you do have a camera that won't bug you with calls, texts, and senseless FB notifications, just imagine how cool your selfies would be like taken with a 20.1 MP camera? So amazing, that you can blow it up to the size of a tarp! Furthermore, your photos will be friggin' high res, you can humble-brag how tiny your pores are!


Now that we have discussed the PROs, what exactly are the CONs?

(https://media.tenor.co/images/22d0ad2b107d61cd6abf9dd20c1e5435/raw)
Hmm... Well, great cameras, like Sony α5000 E-mount Camera with APS-C Sensor, won't definitely be the most affordable item you can blow your cash on. At Php 22,999.00, imagine how many kilograms of gummi bears would you buy with it, or buckets and buckets of Jollibee Chickenjoy! However if you think of it in a different perspective, definitely it is a good investment. I have owned various Sony gadgets and Electric items (The Playstation is God's gift to mankind-aside from fire, y'know), and I can attest that they do last a long time ,most of the time longer than relationships


.Really, what's stopping you now from getting one?

https://www.tenor.co/view/nicki-minaj-marie-claire-lets-gif-6162649
(https://www.tenor.co/view/nicki-minaj-marie-claire-lets-gif-6162649)


Love (infrequently),
Nicole Alejandro
(or Nicoco, for short)



You May Also Like

0 Comments