Third Time's a Charm?

by - July 01, 2016

While I may not be a stranger to gyms, and things that make you 'stronger', I'm still ALWAYS overwhelmed whenever I try new fitness stuff. A couple of weeks ago, I tried Muay Thai in Elorde Kapitolyo branch. They used to have this promo where you can have 3 sessions for Php 750, but you still have to pay for renting the hand wraps and boxing gloves separately. Elorde is well-equiped, but it definitely needs a bit of an upgrade when it come to their lockers (or the lack of it) and restrooms. The staff and trainors are friendly, and did I mention unlimited rubbing alcohol??? It was fun, especially if you have so much pent up angst towards your everyday life, however the bruises aren't fun having. Also when doing Muay Thai you are supposed to be barefoot, which is a deal-breaker for me. I ended up playing Tekken in Playstation instead.

(From http://srsfunny.tumblr.com/) Basically how I looked like when I get off those smelly boxing gloves.
Aside from Muay Thai, I did Yoga last week. It was a free class by Urban Ashram, where I suppose they do it at least twice a month. Unfortunately for us, that was the last free class for this season [Though I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on when it will be back *wink*]. Unlike Muay Thai's fast paced bruise-inducing punches and kicks Yang, Yoga is like it's Ying. It's very relaxing, the stretching and poses won't intimidate even the least athletic person in the room, and what's best is that you wouldn't notice that you actually sweat while meditating. I might try their first-to-yoga package soon after I pay all of my bills, everyone should try it actually!

(from http://rick-and-morty-gifs.tumblr.com/)



Given that I have tried 2 ways to melt away the fats in the last 2 months, after a bit of research, I have decided to give in to one of Metrodeal's fitness deal. I bought a one-month membership with a personal trainer session for Php 1,425.00 , seems like a good deal right?


What made me decide ASAP on getting this deal is the fact that Gold's Gym offers variety of classes, almost as good as the ones Fitness First offers. They have Zumba [that strengthens my inner tita], Piloxing (which is a mix of Pilates and Boxing), Hiphop dance, and a whole lot more. Also, getting this deal is like getting a 'free taste' on something you are not sure if you want to commit to, like buying a new flavored drink in Starbucks. Another thing is, there's a Gold's Gym branch nearby our office here in Kapitolyo. In this way, I definitely have no excuse not to go and make puddles of sweat.

(from https://jacobthriller.tumblr.com/) You shake that booty, tita!
Given that today is July 1, 2016, this marks the day that my suffering challenge will begin. We'll see later if I'll get through my 1st gym day, and reign supreme.

XOX,
Nicoco







You May Also Like

0 Comments