#NicDoesThings: Mini Art Haul in Fukuoka

by - October 01, 2018

I just realized that a lot of things had happened already (e.g. Art Exchange, Vietnam trip, etc), and here I am, still struggling on how to finish the Fukuoka blog! HAHAHA!

ME.
Anyway, rather than letting days slip by, let me just share with you the art g6oodies I have acquired in Fukuoka *insert all the hearts emoji here*.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I did not let my heart go wild for art stuff during that trip. One of the reasons is, I have limited fund$$$, and well I'll be back in Japan soon, so I'd rather get poor in Sekaido, I suppose hahahah 👌👌👌!

Soooo, let's start:


Yup, these Pentel Fude pens were actually my last purchase (minus the food purchases Hahaha!) at the YouMe Town Mall's grocery. The first time I was able to buy one was in MBK's Tokyu shop in Bangkok, where I was able to get myself a pink and red one. Just like before, I'm here regretting not buying as much colors as possible! But whatevs, I'll be back in the motherland in a jif!

Since I do not speak in Japanese, I have no idea what to call this aside Pentel Pen. Sooo, this Pentel pen was purchased at Daiso for around 105 yen (with tax already), or around Php 50+ or $ 1. Initially, I thought this is a brush pen, unfortunately I was wrong. In the end, I use this as a detailer pen for my clay crafts instead *Thumbs Up*.


Now, this one is my favorite! This Kuretake detailer waterbrush is a gem! Upon checking, there are no art stores in the Philippines that sells this, nor are those online shops! Should they ever sell these, I bet my socks that the price will skyrocket to a Php 200+ SRP, when in Japan I was able to purchase it for Php 125 or $ 3 only! I ended up buying 2 of these, one for me, and one for my best friend, Zai.


At first I thought this was manufactured by Gansai Tambi as well, but after some research, this pearlescent palette is from the Japanese brand, Kissho. During my Yamamoto Bumpodo trip, I was psyched on buying the gold, or starry line palette of Gansai Tambi, which retails for around Php 400 only, which is almost half the price if you buy it here in Manila, however upon seeing these pastel set, I decided to go for this instead. So far, I haven't seen this set yet in The Philippines, however I did see this in a couple of online shops, and they sell this for a whopping $ 25! Lol, no!


Anyway, this is how it looks like! I noticed that the color isn't as strong or as pigmented like the more expensive Finetec ones, and instead the colors of the kissho is more of a sheen glitter, which would look better if mixed with solid colors. In this photo, I used the kissho light blue with my light blue prima watercolor. Another thing I noticed about this palette is the fact that after the paint dries in the paper, the texture feels like the text was embossed! I suppose this just saved me Php 1000+++ on embossing tools hahaha!

The Holy Grail
The first time I saw this in Artillery Philippines' site, I remember almost tearing up at how gorgeous this set is! Eventually, I turned into a crying mess upon seeing that it retails there for almost Php 8,000! I badly wanted this before, but due to its exorbitant price I just let out a sigh and moved on...

... But not in Japan! When I saw this in Yamamoto Bumpodo I freaked out!
Like this.
But what made me even more manic was when I saw the price! It retailed at 9500 yen, or roughly around Php 4,700! Although it is still a bit expensive, I'm already thinking of buying it with a 70/30 chance. But since I saw this on the first day, and figured that I still have 4 more days to survive in Japan, I initially decided to just go back for this. However, after asking Yamamoto Bumpodo's staff if they still have another stock of this Card Captor Sakura Copic set, they told me...


... I know I have to bring out the plastic card. To justify that I made a great purchase, let me show you these photos:

Yup guys, these Copics are just the plain ones, and yet they retail for Php1 7,600! HAHAHAHAHAH, I'm really just justifying that Php 4,800 ain't a bad price for a deal lolololol!.

Soooo, with that I suggest that you guys buy Copic pens in Japan, and yes to saving up for more Art hauls! See you guys in another Art haul soon *wink wink*

Love Always,
Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments