#NicDoesReviews: Match-Made in Heaven with Maybelline Made for All Lipstick

by - May 15, 2019



One random night I got bored that I decided to filter out and finally cleaned my email. Lo and behold, I saw an email about this website that give a lot of people the chance to try out a product, then they can do a review about it. Rather than mind other people's business, I decided to try out and see my luck if I'll get chosen as one of the reviewers for this!

👌👌👌👌👌




...and yes, with that let us now proceed with the review of the Maybelline Made For All lipstick 💄💄💄

THE MAYBELLINE MADE FOR ALL LIPSTICK

Photo from Huda Beauty website HERE


The Maybelline Made for All Lipstick is available in 7 different shades that are meant to flatter ANY skintone. Upon filling up the questionnaire from the Try and Review website, they let you choose what shade you'd like to try out. Since I don't really like wearing dark red, or very strong colors on my lips, I decided to be a bit of a risk-taker and tried out the Plum For Me color numero 388.

1. PACKAGING
The packaging of this lipstick is pretty similar to other solid form lippies of Maybelline, like the Color Sensation line. This could be both a pro and a con, pro being it creates a consistent image for this kind of lipstick for Maybelline, while the con is this Made for All lipstick line might drown in a sea of Color Sensation, Powder Mattes, and etc., which in that case how will we ladies be able to differentiate this particular line from the others? As for the strength of the packaging, given that I am an extremely clumsy fella, I have dropped this for a solid 5 times since I received this package last May 7 (currently writing this May 13), and so far no cracks or any signs of giving up ☝


2. CONTENTS
What I like about majority of Maybelline's cosmetics is that they have a lot of product in their packaging. By the looks of this tube, I can see this will last a good 3 to 4 months of daily use. Your Php 299 will definitely go a looong way with this bad boy 👌

3. SMELL
Another thing that I have noticed with Maybelline's recent lines of lippies are they smell better than other drugstore lipstick brands that are currently available in the market. Just like the Super Stay Ink liquid lipstick, this smells like candy, but not the fruity overwhelmingly sickly sweet kind. In fact this reminds me of a milky kind of candy, though it still have hints of the usual waxy smell, but it is tolerable and it is much better than BYS' lippies, which smells like Crayola and plastic-not a pleasant combination 🙊


4. PIGMENTATION
I tried swatching this first on on my wrist (as seen on the photo above), and weirdly enough it looks sheen and glossy. Sure, this is not a matte lipstick, but this isn't a lip gloss either. Sure, you can see that with just one swipe you'll see the color pay-off, however I have noticed upon application on my lips, you need to have atleast two full coats to really see how plum it is. Not sure if this will apply to lighter lips, but for someone with dark lips, it takes two swipes of this lipstick to evenly cover the color to my lips.

5. FORMULATION
Obviously this lipstick isn't matte, instead it's more of a satin creamy type. I had no problem applying this on my lips, since it's pretty creamy, it glides like a butter on my lips sans any tugging; Unlike butter, this doesn't crumble or slush easily- but of course, unlike crayola this isn't that solid, so pleeeease lock this up away from the kiddies. ALSO, I find this easy to blend, since I usually only bring one make-up product with me for touch-ups, usually a multi-purpose item like lip and cheek tint, I tried using this on my cheeks as well. Lo and behold, this plum color gave me a flushed 'drunken' look, not bad, but I don't think Maybelline wants us to use this as a blush hahaha! 🤔

6. STAYING POWER
Oh boy, this one's a problem since it reminded me why I don't use dark colored lipsticks. After applying this color on my lips, it immediately triggered my anxiety; Anxious that I might transfer my lipcolor to everything I hold dear! To give this some slack, mattes are more known to be transfer-proof, but I think they can push this one further and do something about it.

Excuse the face, please focus on the lipcolor.
SUMMARY
Let me do a rundown of my reviews with an old fashioned Pros and Cons:

PROS
1. SUPER MOISTURIZING! I didn't use a lip balm prior to applying this lippie, but the formulation of this lipstick still locked in the moisture, which made my lips soft for quite a while.
2. PIGMENTED! When I tried doing a swatch on my wrist, at first I thought it's too glossy sheen, but when I swiped it on my lips it was more of a satin finish, no specs of glitter.
3. Creamy candy-like smell.
4. The amount of product in each tube can last you for a long time. Unlike other lipsticks, this one doesn't give you a 'bitin' feeling. I think 1 tube can last you a good 3 to 4 months even if you use it everyday- including the re-touches!
5. The product is easy to apply, since the consistency is pretty creamy but not too soft that it'll crumble. I did not experience any tugging shen I spread out the color all over my lips.
6. Easy to blend. I know it is not really advisable to use lippies for other makeup purposes, but I tried using this one as a cheek tint, and whooooa! The Plum for all gave me this fresh glowy flushed look when I smeared it all over my cheeks. So I suppose this is a good 'must have' in every bag that I use in the daily.
7. The packaging appears to be sturdy. I dropped my lipstick, and in fairness the casing did not break. Pretty nifty for clumsy gals like me.

CONS
1. It's hard to cover the inner lip part, or like the 'waterline' of the lips with this. I understand that this is a satin-y cream consistency so the color may not be as 'sticky' as mattes, but it sure would be lovelier to have this kind of lipstick that can also cover the 'waterline' part.
2. As much as I love the pigmentation, I do hate how this is not a transfer proof lippie. It kind of reminded me why I hate wearing dark lipsticks, because if it isn't transfer proof I end up transfering my lipcolor everywhere... don't ask me how, I don't know hahaha!
3.limited shades. Although the claim that it will fit all skin tones, I still feel that they could have pushed for more colors. It would have been nicer if they added some deeper brown colors (which is lovely for both dark and fair skinned ladies), or even nude shades with some old rose flair.
4. Sure it is pigmented, but I feel that you must do 2 swipes to fully get the expected color-especially for girls with dark lips.

Not really a con, but more of a suggestion:
1. It would be nice if the lipstick, aside from being moisturizing, it also provides spf and sunprotection :)

AND THAT'S IT! Thanks to Try and Review for this! For those who are interested in trying and reviewing products, check out their website HERE

Love Always 😍,

Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments