A Day and An Hour in Candon #NicGoesToIlocosSur

by - November 28, 2019

But this picture was taken in Vigan AHAHAHHA!
I must say the farthest I have been to the Northern part of The Philippines was San Fernando, La Union, and honestly I never had the desire to go and see what the North can offer.


But lo and behold, thanks to my job as the Master Grand Opener- este- Brand Manager, I am tasked to open a store in Candon. To be honest prior to working here, I have no idea where in the world is Candon, I even thought it was probably just nearby, like a little municipality in Nueva Ecija, perhaps?

Anyhoo, I finally realized where it was when I was tasked to go to Candon and facilitate the grand opening. The grand opening was last October 12, but I went there a day early to do some last minute preps, as well as check our stores nearby.





To go there, I had to take a bus going to San Fernando, La Union, where the Area Manager of Region I will meet me, and show me around. Since it was 5 hours worth of travel time, and travelling on land in The Philippines at daylight is considered daft, because of the awful traffic congestion almost everywhere, I decided to take a bus going to San Fernando, La Union at 1 A.M. This meant I have a couple of hours to spare in the evening before I take the bus going to La Union.

With a couple of hours to spare, my jowa decided to bring me to Catch 22 (which is a stone's throw away from Partas') where we had a couple of drinks while watching Demoni. Catch had this every Thursday thing back in October where they had showings of cult favorite scary movies, and weird enough, Demoni was among the roster that night.


I arrived in San Fernando, La Union at around 5 Am, where unfortunately the Area Manager of Region I arrived in my location at 7:30 AM. Basically for the 1st day I roamed around branches to branches, from La Union to Ilocos Sur. Whew.




Oh and yes, got to see the famous Calle Crisologo in Vigan! However I heard it's best to go here at night time because it's more magical 👌


This one is a gem! So I bought these bibingka off of Marsha's, and they were soooo good! They are not like the pancake bread-type bibingka, instead they taste like cassava cake 🤔 but don't fret, these are not only delicious, but also very affordable, for Php 115 for box of 12 🥰

CHICHI!


Phew! I am actually currently writing this in Baguio- and yes, because of work again 🤷‍♀️ but no fret, it's actually a great perk that comes with my job, given that personally I wouldn't go to these places during my free time 🤷‍♀️

Anyhoo, cheers to more trips around the Philippines!

Love Always,

Nicole 🥰




You May Also Like

0 Comments