Oh Father Sun! #NicDoesReviews on Suncut Super Water-Proof Super Perfect UV Protect Spray SPF 50+ PA ++++

by - May 26, 2020


Back then I remember reading a famous celeb's quote in a magazine that goes (non-verbatim), "I started young when it comes to skincare, started with sunscreen way back when I was 13," I was 16 when I read that, and my reaction was...

I have lost 3 valuable years of my life!
That was the breaking point, where starting that day I made sure to put sunscreen EVERY TIME! I started with the really affordable Myra E SPF 15s that are available in most drugstores and groceries every where. Eventually I kinda upgrade when I started using BB creams from Etude House and Maybelline, both have 15-20 SPFs, but it was only 2 years ago when I discovered...

That's a mouthful
During my very first trip to Japan, and during my very first visit to the Don Quijote store in Nakasu Kawabata, I saw this (not the same one, this is a repurchase, FYI) among the myriad of rows and rows of colorful sunscreens with way longer names than this. I was not magnetized to it because of its packaging or anything, but rather its tag price at ¥ 500 or Php 250, which is actually on sale. I figured that's a steal, so I took one off the shelf, dumped it into my basket, and proceed with shopping for useless stuff ♡


The Suncut Super Water-Proof Super- Oh goshdarnit, let's give it a nickname! I name this Suncut Perfect hahahah! Anyway, Suncut Perfect Sunscreen is a spray-type of sunscreen, so it comes to no surprise that it comes in a can. The size of this can can fit in pretty much any size of purse or bag, which makes it handy for a quick spray (since it's a must to always re-apply your sunscreen). The can is encased in a plastic packaging, and around it are A LOT of Japanese text. Probably it says something about its ingredients, and why wearing a sunscreen MUST be a part of your daily regimen- pretty much like how it's a usual basic thing for you to take a shower before you go outside of your home.






I  remember scanning all these texts with my Google Translate, but for some reason GT can't decipher what it meant hahahuhuhu! I just put my trust in the Japanese that this sunscreen is good for me hahaha!

Before we proceed to another topic, one last comment about the packaging. By the looks of it this is probably marketed to sports people? I just assume because of how plain and direct-to-the-point the can appears to be. Probably that's the reason why it isn't as pricey as its counterparts in the shelves, the fact that Suncut or Kose Cosmeport did not invest on the packaging and poured its monies on the actual product instead hahaha!

BUT, I did saw a limited edition collab with Disney that is quite pricier than the ¥ 500 I saw.
A little pricier than the usual, but you can buy this off of Shopee HERE






Usually when someone mentions SPF or Sunscreen the smell that comes to mind is something akin to chlorine or something chemical-y. Fortunately this can of Suncut Perfect doesn't have any discerning smell that might put you off from spraying this on your skin. I think that's one of the best unique selling point of this sunscreen, the fact that it doesn't have a distinct smell won't discourage you from spraying as generously and as frequently as you should- MUST!

Unlike those in the market that either try to smell like the beach, or anything floral, this might be a better option for people with sensitive skin. Products once mixed with fragrance tend to be a bit more harsher, hence would give a bad allergic reaction to those whose skin are fast to act up. Since we have to take care of the largest organ of our body, no biggie, we should give it its much needed TLC by opting for products that actually give love to it, and I suppose the Suncut Perfect does the job.



As I have mentioned earlier, this is a spray type so it falls under the liquid spectrum rather the creamy-paste-like ones. What I actually love about this product is how quick this dries out, but it doesn't dry out my skin! As a kid I personally HATE putting sunscreen on especially during those times when we are about jump into the pool. I hate it not because I am being a REBEL, but because most sunscreens available before are too thick, and slimy that I end up slipping whenever I try to pull myself up without the help of stairs hahaha! But lo and behold, what a time to be alive now that we have so many choices when it comes to sunscreens, and this Suncut Perfect SPF is the answer for picky kids who had bad experiences with sunscreen hahaha!

Also given that this is lightweight you won't be discouraged to re-apply, every 2 hours- YES, you've read it right, the right frequency of application is every 2 hours to ensure you are protected from father Sun's harmful rays. 


I forgot to create an art for 'round up' so let's just get with it! HAHAHA!

PROS:
💓 Affordable price
💓 Product is from a very good brand that produces 👌 amazing skin care products
💓 Unscented
💓 Lightweight and not sticky, perfect for Philippines' nasty humid weather
💓 Can fit in most bags/purses
💓 Dries fast but doesn't dry up your skin

CONS:
💔 Not readily available in local groceries, drugstores, and pharmacies in the Philippines
💔 Re-sellers tend to sell this for an exorbitant price here in the Philippines
💔 Packaging has unnecessary plastic packaging
💔 Unlike cream-based sunscreens, this tend to run out faster- probably because it's lightweight and dries fast that you'll end up thinking you did not apply enough, so you'll end up spritzing more ahahaha!

All in all, this sunscreen is a must-buy should you ever visit Japan in the future. I suggest you should hoard this, and be on a lookout for promos particularly in Don Quijotes!

Just a quick pahabol closing remarks ay program lang? HAHAHA! Coming from a hot-weather, tropical country I don't understand white people's obsession of being under the sun, because here in The Philippines being exposed even for only a minute will feel as if you're a burger patty burned to a roast! So when I went to Japan last Feb, winter time, I start to understand why Caucasians LOOOVE the sun! When you're in a cold weather country you'll actually crave for the sun to warm you up! I remember being in Universal Studios Japan, freezing my butt off while walking outdoors on a 4° Celsius high noon- YES, 4° Celsius at 12-freaking-noon! -  that I would run off any patch of land that has the ray of sun just to give me warmth! Lo and behold, because I did not re-apply enough, I had nasty sunburn on my cheeks 🙃 Lesson: ALWAYS PUT ON SUNSCREEN WHENEVER!

Oh girl, you should have put sunscreen!!!

Don't be fooled by that cute face, wear a sunscreen mi amigo!

Lastly, if you wanna know more about why sunscreens are a must as if my story is not enough of reminder for yah and what's with the SPF numbers and PA++++ sheesh, read up about it HERE

That's it Pansiiit! Remember to always put on sunscreen, and keep yourself hydrated 💛💧

Love Always,
Nicole ♡

You May Also Like

0 Comments