Why You Shouldn't Go To Village Vanguard #NicGoesToTokyo

by - May 25, 2020



Just when I thought I have been to the craziest store in Japan Hello Donki, nope I am wrong.


My first time to ever step into a Village Vanguard store - Yes, they have multiple branches in Japan- was during my first visit to Tokyo. I remember then I got so amazed and overwhelmed by all the stuff they are selling that I ended up buying cookies similar to the ones below:

But I got the Vanilla Macadamia ones back then. Hay, I miss Japan and its cookies.
As suggested by the post's title, let me enumerate reasons why you shouldn't go to a Village Vanguard Store.

I. They Have a Sea of Stickers:


As seen here, Village Vanguard carries B-Side Label Stickers which is a group of Japanese artists who create stickers and other nick-knacks showing off their individual art styles. Their stickers are high-quality, where you can slap it on your laptop or Hydroflask, and it won't peel-off even after several washes, nor does its color fade!

Spot the Shiba Inu

The sexiest alien in all of the galaxy.
They have a laaaarge number of stickers to choose from! From your favorite Pokemon character, to grotesque art, you'll wound up finding something that will make you want to snatch it off its hook and go to the cashier in a jiffy! You may check out B-Side Label's website HERE for your reference.

I am still regretting not buying that Lamu the Invader Girl sticker TBH 😔
Hi bb Psyduck!
II. They Have Every Merch For Every Fandom You Could Think Of.

Are you a big fan of...


Sailor Moon?

Cardcaptor Sakura


Chibi Maruko Chaaaaan 😍😍😍


Studio Ghibliiiii ♡


STAWAAAZZZZ 👾


Toy Story!

Whether you are into Disney Princesses, an obscure hipster anime, or even Stranger Things, for some reason they have a full corner dedicated to it! From toys, accessories, and to every thing you could think of, they have it! What's nice about the stuff they have is that you are bound to see a limited edition item that pretty sure you won't be able to stumble upon anywhere in the world!

The only downside to this is they tend to be pricier than what you expect some merch costs if you buy it outside, or in another shop.

 III. They Sell Clothing And Accessories

That Bo Peep sneakers tho ❤😍

Anyone wants a Sakuragi shirt?
Aside from merch, they also sell clothing items. The branch we've been to, the one in Odaiba, has this partin the store where you can buy Champion hoodies, Kappa Sweat shirts, and basically Street Style garments. They also sell a couple of bags, where I also managed to see some cool Reebok bum bags Yup, I don't like hypebeast clothing but I appreciate the aesthetics of that Reebok bum bag and Fjällräven backpacks in pastel candy colors.

Though what really heightened their clothing selection was the underwear section. MAN! I swear I was THIIIIS close to buying this weird Super Mario boxers short, BUT THEY ARE SO DARN EXPENSIVE WAAAH!

 IV. They Sell Make-up and Skin Care TOO!


Not just your usual Canmakes or Kates, but really obscure brands as well. Like I have mentioned awhile ago, they have a couple of brand collab make-ups, like Pokemon blushes, and I did saw this Anime girl modelling fake eyelashes. 

They also have those ridiculously amusing printed facemasks! Like if you want to have Pikachu's face while pampering your skin, you may do so as you pleased HAHAHA!

 IV. They Sell Books!

Apparently Village Vanguard is really a bookstore among all things hahaha!



According to their website they are an exciting book store, but if you see a branch at a glance the word book store wouldn't even come to mind. The first things you'll see in front of a Village Vanguard store are novelty stuff, and mostly food items like candies and cookies. For some reason I notice that the books are located at the farther end of the store, so if you're just going to hang near the cashier I doubt you'll see their sprawling collection of books.

Like this gem!

They have soooo many books! I even had a great time climbing the ladder to look at the books at the upmost part of the shelves! 

For some reason this part of the store reminded me of that once magical place that is Powerbooks in SM Megamall. No, no, I am not referring to the one in Atrium B in front of Krispy Kreme (which they turned into an Art Bar now), but the one in Atrium A, the huuuge one! I remember back then it was the best bookshop in Metro Manila, because it has nooks where you can read books, and seats for parents who are already tired of hearing their kids fangirl over Harry Potter - Hmm hahaha!

An actual depiction of me bombarding my exhausted dad with all the unnecessary Harry Potter facts I could think of hahaha!
But as much as I would like to gush over the selection of books that Village Vanguard has, I can't, because they are all in Japanese! Sure, I could have bought that Barbie book for novelty or as an art inspo, but nah. So, if you're like me who can't understand Japanese, you might feel sad for the lack of English books in Village Vanguard 😔


There you have it, important reasons why you shouldn't step inside a Village Vanguard if you happen to stumble upon a branch during a visit to Japan, because Ghuuuuurl you'll be saying sayonara to your Coinz real fast with all the cool loot you'll take home hahaha!

My fez  while Ken babbling about how many stickers he'll be buying, and how much it will all cost hahaha!

Love Always,

Nicole ♥

You May Also Like

0 Comments