Inked! #NicDoesReviews on Peripera Ink Lacquer

by - June 12, 2020


Once again, once more, my cousin went to South Korea and that means one thing:

Pucker up, buttercup
As mentioned in my previous blogs, my cousin and constant travel buddy, Lot, always brings me goodies, particularly make-up whenever she goes to South Korea, USA, and Japan.



Pretty much like my most recent beauty review with the Airy Ink Velvet Liptint HERE, this luscious ink lacquer is also from Korean brand Peripera


In fairness I am impressed with their Airy Ink Velvet Lip Tint, in fact it's a staple content of whatever purse or satchel I am using, so let's see if this will turn into a 'holy grail' item of mine.


Staying true to Peripera's trademark quirky and fun packaging, this Ink Lacquer is definitely following with the the dress code. Much like the Airy Ink Velvet, this baby looks like an ink bottle so you might mistake this as an art material if ever you find yourself mixing it with your jars of paints hahaha!






The item is enclosed inside a box. The box has an illustration of what the bottle of lip tint looks like and the logo of the product. On the top and bottom part of the box you can see the cannister with the number which indicates its shelf life, as well as the shade of the liptint.


Unlike the Airy Ink Velvet's packaging, the plastic body of this ink lacquer feels glassy and heavier. I would say the glassy plastic material resembles closer to the Peripera Sugar Glow Tint but with frosty glass finish. Now, does this miniscule detail really matter? For a very clumsy person like me, kinda? I always experience accidentally dropping my make-up whenever I open my Cath Kidston polka dotted pouch, hence it's been an important unique selling proposition of an item to withstand x100000 falls and drops.

Cutting the whole story short, I dropped this lip lacquer countless of times during our trip to Japan, and I am proud to say that I was able to bring this home in one piece.


One good thing about the packaging is the clear inscription of the shade name and number, which is perfect should you ever want to repurchase this Ink Lacquer in the future.



Ohhh and this! I find it frustrating when make-up brands put the expiration date in the box and not on the actual packaging! I'm that kind of person who immediately throws out the box to lessen clutter, and with that I face the consequence of forgetting the expiration date of my make-up- and that suckzzz! So it's good that they added the expiration date at the butt of the packaging.


Let's move on to the actual product, I always get attached to describing the packaging lol hahaha!


Staying true to its name, it's thick as lacquer, but not excessive like an oil paint. I actually find this VERY SIMILAR to Airy Ink Velvet, where the consistency is very creamy, however this is thicker and denser. Another similarity would be the faint floral, but milky candy-like smell that is pleasant but not irritating that you'll take it as a deciding factor not to pick this up again.


Despite its consistency being a tad thicker than the Airy Velvet one, I gotta commend how it doesn't feel heavy when applied on the skin, nor does it feel too drying like other matte lipsticks. What's great about this lip lacquer is it doesn't feel heavy on your lips, so it doesn't feel like you have that nagging feeling of wanting to wipe it all off. That's what I particularly adore about this lippie, because you can get the good parts of a matte lipstick without the bad parts, e.g. can dry out your puckers. I suppose that's the reason why I was never fond of matte lipsticks, despite the great color pay-off, most are too darn drying! So much for beauty is pain!


Aside from lightness on the skin, it's easy to apply and very blend-able! The Peripera Ink Lacquer has limited shades available in its product line, however the color combination you can create with all 5 shades are still impressive! It's also very build-able, just in case you'd like to make it into a darker shade.

Speaking of color...


One of my ultimate test of pigmentation is by blending, where if you blend it a bit after application and it end up disappearing completely, it deserves a 👎 pretty much the Withfika cream blusher I have reviewed several months ago hahaha! But if it's still going strong, you got a 👌 of a product. Now, now, this lip lacquer deserves a 👌.


As I have said, this Ink lacquer feels like sowing all the benefits of wearing a matte lipstick without suffering its cons. When applied on the lips you get to fully cover your lips with color with just one swipe. This is a big thing for me, given that my lips are pigmented so it takes a couple of coats to ensure that the color fully covered my dark lips.

 What I actually like about matte lipsticks are how pure the color pay-off tends to be, unlike when you wear Satin or Glossy finishes. With this lip lacquer you get to have that impressive color pay-off, also you get to "customize" how strong the color will turn out.

In using this Ink lacquer you can either come up with a solid opaque lip, or...


Blend it out to achieve that powdery ombre lip color, which is a popular Korean-inspired look. 


Nooooow, the real make-or-break determining factor for me: STAYING POWER.

As much as I want I would like to be consistent in doing touch-ups of my make-up, I supposed I am simply not that kind of girl. Given that I am such a lazy ass, my usual go-to's are make-up items that promises long lasting and long wearing. With that, does the Peripera Ink Lacquer fit the bill?


Because I believe in the saying, "pics or it didn't happen," here I am giving you proof to further justify my claim on Ink Lacquer having a 🗢🗢🗢 out of 5 lips. When I went to Japan I actually brought along 4 lipsticks with seemingly identical shades (HAHAHA) and this is one of them. As I lose interest in putting on full make-up, I start to amp up the boldness of the color, and this is the brightest amongst the lippies I had with me. As our trip gets close to its end, I start using this lip lacquer frequently than I did in the first half.

Soooo the photo shows my lips at different times of the day. The first one was taken at 10:00 am, and as expected the color is there, because it has been only an hour after I applied the lippie without eating nor drinking.

The second photo was taken at 1:00 PM, where I already finished a light meal. Basing on the photo, the color on my lips are still thriving, in fact it still looks nice, gotta commend this lip lacquer for that!

The last photo was taken around 4:00 PM, after having an icecream and beer at the Umeda building, and as you can see the color is completely gone.

Verdict for this? It's a small improvement from the Airy Ink Velvet, because this one withstand a couple of hours without touch-ups! However, I still can't place this amongst the Superstays of the world, because after gulping some beer, the color has finally departed from my puckers- but come to think of it this product never claimed to be long lasting 🤷



*Rubbing hands* ok, let's do this!

PROS:
💓 Despite the thick consistency, it feels light when applied on the lips.
💓 Really digging the glass-like packaging, very chic!
💓 Also, I appreciate that the details like shade name & number, and expiration date are included on the bottle itself.
💓 Easy to apply and blend.
💓 Nice color pay-off.
💓 Build-able color.
💓 Very pigmented!

CONS:
💔 Not really a major con, but at its price of around Php 600-Php 700 here in the PH, I feel like I could get a similar product from a much lower price range.
💔 Limited shades, they only have 5 in this product range. They always run out of stocks sooo fast!
💔 Sure, long lasting isn't part of its Unique Selling Proposition (USP), but it would have been fantastic if they added that feature on this wonderful product.



The Peripera Ink Lacquer feels like Airy Velvet Ink Lip Tint's big sister, a more experienced, bolder, and tougher one, but it still stays true to its roots being very blend-able and light. Would I shell a couple of pesos for a slightly pricier version of the Airy Velvet Ink Lip? Yep, and I'll probably get all 5 😉

Love always,

Nicole ❤



You May Also Like

0 Comments