Oily life #NicDoesBeauty with Limited Edition Kose Softymo Cleansing OIl

by - November 04, 2020


If you were to tell my 17-year-old self thalt using oil-based product to cleanse your oily face will make it less oily, I'll tell you to stop bullshitting me. At that tender age of mine, I truly believe that the best way to combat oily greasy skin is to CONSTANTLY wash your face with soap, use astringent, and cake your face with powder- and oh boy, how it only made my skin oilier.

Me. Me. Me

 

This product we'll be talking about today is an 'accidental', or serendipitous Ay wow big word find of mine during my very first trip to Japan 2 years ago. Ever since then, this baby has been a 'must-buy' for me every time I go visit the land of the rising sun.


Unlike my usual beauty review, I am going to be very upfront this time: YOU MUST BUY THIS ANY CHANCE YOU GET!  Sure, it does have its share of Pros and Cons, but I'm telling you, its Pros trample the Cons any day. 


So as I was saying, the first time I got this brand of cleansing oil was an accidental purchase. Originally my sister asked me to buy her a DHC cleansing oil, which she became addicted to after buying one during her trip to Tokyo before. IDK if I was dyslexic, blind, or plain lazy, that I got her a Kosé Softymo Cleansing Oil instead, and hey, she did not fuss because apparently, it works as good as the pricier DHC one.


For reference, this is how the DHC one looks like.

 

Basing on this post's banner, this second bottle of mine (yes, I have finished my first bottle with Ariel on the bottle hahaha!), is a limited edition. For a time, Kosé released a limited edition Disney collaboration bottles of their Speedy Cleansing Oil, and the bottles that they released have Ariel from The Little Mermaid, and Rapunzel from Tangled gracing it. What made the Rapunzel one a little bit special is its peach scent!

Oh if only we can smell the things we see off the internet, I swear you'll fall madly in love with this product. Now, let's get down to business...


WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS?
 Given that this is in Japanese (and yah gh0rl can't read in Japanese), I suggest you check this article for better reference : HERE or HERE

HOW DO I USE THIS?
Pretty much how you use your bubbly cleanser, apply some few pumps (a little goes a loooong way) to your dry face- TAKE NOTE, DRY FACE, then massage it to clean out grime, oil, dirt, and even make-up! Once it had emulsified, wash it with water. Et Voila, clean and soft skin!


WHEN CAN I USE THIS? IN WHAT ORDER OF MY SKINCARE ROUTINE SHOULD THIS FALL INTO?
Personally, this has been my daily go-to 1st step in removing make-up/ washing my face (then I use Micellar water afterward). I use this alternately with my Banilla Co. Zero Sebum balm, which I use for when I wear heavier make-up.

HOW MUCH AND WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?
From what I remember I got this 230 ml bottle for less than ¥ 400 - 500 or around ₱ 200+ in Don Quijote. But aside from various Don Quijote branches, you can also buy this in some groceries, department stores, and some Famima, or Family Mart actually has this.

But if you're not in Japan, you may check out Shopee, Lazada, and Amazon.

ANY LAST WORDS?
Ok, that sounds menacing hahaha! I suppose if you ever get your hands on a limited edition Kose cleansing oil that has a scent, like this peach one, you may want to skip it if you have REALLY sensitive skin, since scents in facial products may cause allergies or bad break-outs.


But if you have oily, not-so-sensitive skin, you'll be saying Arigato Gozaimasu to the Kose Gods for this hahaha!

Love Always,
Nicole ❤









You May Also Like

0 Comments