A Continuation #NicGoesToSeoulDay3

by - September 06, 2023


Considering that it has been 6 months since this trip, the best I could do right now is to just show some photos and include some stuff for context and story telling haha!


Picking up from where we left off, after going to the palace we returned our hanboks and headed to the nearest restaurant for some Bibimbap.


From what I remember the menu from the restaurant didn't have any english translation, and since Google translate can only do so much I ended up ordering a purely veggie Bibimbap instead of one with beef. No regrets, this bibimbap + legit kimchi is gooood! Sadly I forgot the name of the restaurant, but one thing I remember about it is it's near the hanbok rental place-really, I'm not being helpful, not one bit 🤦



Now that we have checked Hanbok rental + check out Gyeongbokgung palace from our agenda, the next to do is visit KPOP landmarks, like YG entertainment's HQ.



At the time we arrived, there were some people camping out waiting for the arrival of a KPOP star just so they get to have a glimpse of their idol getting off her van. I asked my bestfriend, Zai, if she knows the artist, unfortunately I don't think she was able to fully see who it was to be able to identify the idol. Oh well.


From what I've heard, it's common for these talent companies to have themed cafes in their vicinity, and YG is one of them with The Samee. Inside there are 3 floors people can go to, 2 floors for ordering food and dining, and the basement exclusive to selling exclusive merch.


I'm in no way explorative at this time that's why I ended up with an iced chocolate mocha at 1 degree celsius weather- don't judge me. The coffee is good, surprisingly, but it's a little more expensive than your usual Starbucks.


Zai, on the other hand, got a donut and a hot caramel macchiato which better suits the cold weather. 

I look so proud of my coffee 🥴

Tempted to buy the keychain BlackPink light stick ♠️ 🩷

After finishing our snacks, off we go spending our wons.

Got this instead 😂

There were a lot of exclusive merchandise that you can only buy there, so if you're like Zai I suggest you save up for the cutest merch your heart desires. I like BlackPink but I don't consider myself a fully-pledged Blink hence my hesitation to buy any merchandise that is above $ 10 and that includes the keychain version of the BlackPink light stick that is around $12 already. In the end, I got this enamel of Jennie circa Ice Cream instead.

They have BigBang merch!




Fit of the day, something that I am proud of because despite baring my legs for all the cold to be felt, I didn't feel as if I am freezing my butt.

After blowing some wons on KPOP merch, the next series of photos are random since we spent the rest of the night shopping in different stores in the Hongdae area.

Q Poskets!

I got the Anya only, kinda scared that bringing 2 boxes might be too bulky for my luggage already lol.

I didn't buy this and I regret it now.

Pretty expensive tbh


Shopping for some skin care goodies.

Cinnamon rooooooll <3

Look at these stuff, isn't it neat?


After making some small dents to our bank accounts, we decided to have Samgyupsal in this restaurant that was once featured in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.



Just an FYI, Samgyupsal here is not unlimited unlike most Korean Barbecue restaurants in the Philippines, but you can still request for refills of the side dishes from time to time. To pair up our yummy authentic Samgyupsal, we had a bottle of Soju that we downed in less than 5 minutes hahaha! Uhaw yarn?








Nightcap

The lobby

badge of honor, lol.

All in all, I really liked how we managed to balance having a plan and being spontaneous for this day. Also, seeing how lively and fun Hongdae is, I can't help but want to go back there to do Karaoke and have my conch pierced-Let's see next year 😉

Love always,
Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments