Last Full Show #NicGoesToSeoul

by - September 07, 2023




At this point I have no idea how to tell how this day went because the only things I remember are:

✨ Books in Starfield Co-Ex library are all in Hangeul, that's why I didn't even pretend to read any book, or even be photographed as if I am reading lol.
✨ New Balance shoes in S.Korea are priced lower than in the Philippines.
✨ Itaewon at Thursday afternoon is sad and dull.
✨ Major regrets on not buying more HBAF nuts in crazy flavors, and having the mindset that I'll spend my remaining wons in the airport before we fly at 7A.M. the next day.
✨ There's an Arabica coffee in the second level of the library, don't buy Starbucks just yet.

Anyway here are some photos from that day, and some commentary on notable things:


Yup, this is a famous Instagrammable spot located in Gangnam area called Starfield Co-Ex library which is technically inside the mall. I'm not sure how borrowing books here work, the moment I flipped a random book and noticed everything is Hangeul I backed off and just appreciate how ~aesthetic~ this place is. 

Aside from this massive library area, the mall itself has an impressive selection of stores from high-end to affordable shops like Daiso.

Hi guize


Remember what I have said about Arabica coffee? Yeah, don't be like this idiot because I didn't even bother to check if there are cool coffee shops prior to settling with Starbucks 🥹🥴


And yes, all of them are in Hangeul or Korean, soooo goodluck! Hope you'll be able to look the part of someone reading an actual book from this library.


The best bag


To be fair, this is a good drink.




Because of the coffee I had I got so full that I ended up eating a panini instead in this unique concept restaurant where it's like a convenience store but not entirely like one. Also at that time they gave me a free mochi ice cream, and realized that they are just getting rid of inventory instead of throwing it out- I say good decision from their end ☝


Hi old company!


After Starfield we didn't really have any plans for the rest of the day so we decided to pay a visit to Itaewon, and it was just sad. The whole place looked so dull, and a lot of stores were closed considering that we were there on Thursday afternoon. We decided to walk around to see if we could hang out at a cute aesthetic café but nothing notable popped up on our radar, hence our decision to go to Myeongdong and spend our last day there doing our last-minute shopping.



As expected, there were a lot of people in Myeongdong shopping and eating various street food. I don't know what's in the coffee I had, but I was in no mood to eat anything that time 😕


But hey, at least I was able to finish my shopping list!



Sadly the branch of 6ixty 8ight in Myeongdong feels like it's just getting rid of its existing inventory considering how half of its store is bare 😢😢😢



We finished our day with chicken, beer, and those cheese balls that taste soooo good that we had to order 2 plates hahaha!

The dilemma of how I'll fit in all of  my stuff in my luggage.

Reseller yan????

That's it basically, no grand finale for our last day since we need to conserve our energy for our flight the next day. Since our flight was at 7 a.m. and at the time we were still having a dilemma about how we'd get there (trains don't operate until 5 a.m. and the airport is an hour and a half away) we didn't sleep! Eventually, we decided to book an Uber ride instead and arrived at the airport at 4 a.m., and yeah we were able to catch our flight 👍

To sum it up, I'll probably return to South Korea perhaps in a year or two, preferably during the Autumn season so the cold wind won't slap so hard, and I'll probably have Ken accompany me next time because Korea is for lovers.

Love Always,
Nicole

P.S.
I have a TikTok video of snippets from the trip hahaha!



You May Also Like

0 Comments