#NicDoesReviews - Miniso Make-Up

by - August 03, 2018

When I was younger and much foolish I always consider having a cat-eye a staple look for me. Back then, bibi Nicole always has blunt bangs, so the need for eyebrows on-fleek isn't that high. Back then, my go-to eyeliner product was Etude House's Oh m'Eye Line Eyeliner where I would have my upper lids in jet black, while my waterline in its glittery silver version.
My life-saver
Time have definitely changed, where I have traded these bad boys for Skin Food Choco eyebrow powder (which smells like chocolate, hnnng)which resulted to me having my muscle memory totally forgot how to do a finesse flick- Actually forgetting how to do make-up overall.

Me, now.
But with all the upcoming shindigs and travels on my way, I figured I have to get back and embrace my make-up junkie-ness (lol), and with that I decided to do baby steps. In doing so, I figured I should probably start with something very affordable before dabbling with MACs and Bobbi Browns. With that, I ended up in Miniso.


For those who have no idea what Miniso is Have you been living under a rock? , it is a low-cost shop that sells everything you can think of. They have everything, from toys to stationery, and even drinks! Its aesthetic looks like Uniqlo, but the extensiveness of its products is akin to Muji. The brand is marketed as 'Japanese', but really all of its stuff is made in China. They sprouted like mushrooms in the Philippines 2 years ago, and ever since they have been a big hit with the Filipinos.

Since looking for a branch of Miniso is as easy as spotting a McDonald's, it was easy for me to scour these goodies. Usually, the only thing I buy in Miniso are stationery and socks, but I have never bought make-up products from there, despite being really curious about it. Perhaps the reaaaally low price point makes me think, 'This is too good to be true", so I always pass by the make-up counter and go directly to where the pens are at.

Carry On, Move Along

Anyway, this time I decided to whisk away those thoughts and just buy all these stuff. Soooo, let's begin with the Mascara:


1. ALL-WEATHER NO SMUDGE MASCARA - Php 99.00 or around $ 2.00
Yup, not joking this retails for 99 pesos only. At that time when I was looking at the make-up counter, there are only 2 varieties of mascaras available, one is this, and the other is a volume maximizing mascara. However the other one doesn't have this:

Yup, this one's waterproof. 

VERDICT:
I hate it. HAHAHAHA! I don't know, but it's so clumpy! It's my first time to use it, and it's just so clumpy! When I applied it in my lashes, it did not perform well either. My lashes ended up looking like spider legs. Yikes! I did not even bother taking a photo of it, because it looks awful :/


2. EYELINER - Php 99.00 or around $ 2.00
Unlike the mascara, there's a myriad of types of eyeliners available. There's some that promises more precision, then there's also that claims it is super waterproof, so in the end I opt with this one since I suppose it's the best of both worlds- and look at how shiny the gold packaging looks like ♥

VERDICT:
Oh wow, I hate it too! HAHAHAH! Don't be fooled by how you apply it on your hands or wrist, because it's so difficult to put it in your eyes! Sure, I'm not as adept as I was in drawing a cat-eye, but daaaaayum, this runs quite patchy on the eyes! I've tried using it for the whole day, to see if at least its' waterproof claim would bring justice to this... but no. it disappointed me even more. So at the end of the day, I looked like I had a boxing match with all the smeared eyeliner in my eye area *sigh*


3. EYELASH CURLER - Php 99.00 or around $ 2.00
The only non-make-up item I bought is this mint green eyelash curler with grip support. Originally, this is the only item I was after for when I entered the store- I should have just trusted my instinct and just bought this HAHAHA!

VERDICT:
Surprisingly, this is good. This item does what it promises, it curls the eyelashes ☺ Though of course, it lacks the magic effect of what a Shu Uemura curler does, but hey what can you expect from Php 99 pesos compared to a Php 1,000+ one, right?

So, is Miniso Make-up worth it?
Well, it is very affordable, however if you have high expectations, don't even bother buying because you'll just end up being disappointed. I think the only scenarios buying make-up from Miniso is acceptable is when you have an emergency event, or if you just want to experiment, however if your criteria doesn't fit within the two, spare yourself from the heartbreak and buy equally affordable and trusted brands like Maybelline, or even local brands like Careline and Nichido.

Also, I've read a couple of stuff online where people are apprehensive about trying Miniso make-up, since they are soooo affordable that the ingredients used in making them are probably toxic, or at least harsh to the skin. So far, I did not experience any irritation or bad effects, but if you really are skeptic in trying them, buy non-make-up items in Miniso instead, they are much better than the make-up -And yes, I'll forever vouch for the Miniso Acrylic Markers ♥

With that, I shall go to Etude House now and get myself a fresh piece of jet black Oh M'Eye Line.

Love, Always,
Nicole ♥

P.S.
As of August 3, 2018 I have lost the mascara. I remember putting it in my jacket pocket yesterday, and when I checked the pocket, it is officially missing. R.I.P. Miniso Mascara.

You May Also Like

0 Comments