We might as well be strangers

by - October 13, 2012

... Don't worry this is not an EMO post, because in fact this is a very happy (not to mention, LATE post) blogpost! Last October 2, 2012, the british band Keane had a concert here at the Mall of Asia Arena, and I was fortunate enough to watch it... in Patron! HAHAHA! Yes! Not that I'm bragging (really, I'm not HAHAHA), but I got to watch my most favorite band live, and in almost VIP seats! 

Now, now... that's not my hand :)) That's my bestfriend, Lara's hand holding the ticket as if she won Golden pass to Willy Wonka!
Crappy Photo is crappy... LOL :))

*Sigh* :)
Le Tom Chaplin! Sorry for the crappy photo hahaha! It's Lara's fault! BRUHAHAHA!

Ever since I was in 2nd year highschool, I'm already a big fan of Keane, where I'd spend a lot of time watching their music videos of Everybody's Changing and Somewhere Only We know at internet cafes. So when I found out that they're going to have a concert here, I saved every penny from my allowance just to see them. At the end, I was able to buy myself general admission ticket. On the other hand, my friend Jo-Marie won 2 patron tickets from a Facebook contest, so she took Lara as her plus one because Lara is also a fan.

L-R: Lara, Me and Jo-Marie...Before le concert. Mukang lamig na lamig lang kami ni Lara oh! 

   Now, how did I get myself in patron? Well, I did not buy another ticket *purita extreme mode ako nyan*, in fact I must say I got into patron because of... luck. I remember thinking: I'll be separated from my friends, at that time *insert very sad fez hurrr*. Anyway, here's what happened: As I mentioned above, I only got gen ad ticket, so of course I should be in general admission NOT in patron. So when I went to the general admission part (which is at the 5th level of the MOA Arena, and it looks scaaary like a dungeon.. LOL), I was surprised when the guards told me that my ticket is upgraded to Upperbox! *edi syempre aliw na aliw naman ako!*. I excitedly proceed to the 4th level, and saw a couple of people, who were also from general admission in a queue.

Moi, in pink boots from Tomato :) I must say, these pair is one of the best purchases I've had! HAHAHA!

Then after a couple of minutes of standing and waiting, a group of Arena personnel started inspecting our tickets, and began stamping on our wrists. Then one of these personnel said: "Upgraded ule kayo", or in English "You're upgraded again", and instructed us to form a straight line then follow one of the personnel. In my head, I'm saying:  "From gen ad to upper box then to lower box ! God must be crazy tonight!". But then I was distracted from my own thoughts, when I realized that we're not heading to the 2nd floor, where lower box is at, instead we're heading to the ground floor! It totally confused me, until I saw the expression of those in front of me... that's when I realize that, God is indeed crazy that night! I'm heading to PATRON! That's when I truly realize that it really pays to be an early bird, because I found out that the early bird general admission ticket holders were the only ones who got upgraded! And I was one of them! Yey!

MEHEHEHEHEHE!

Anyway, about the concert... The concert started at around 9:40 p.m. (but in the ticket it said it'll start at 8:00 p.m.! See? I'm such an early bird that night! HAHAHA!), and as to what I've remembered, the first song they played is You Are Young, from their album Strangeland. Anyway, here's more photos from the concert:


THEY SOUNDED REEEEEEALLY GOOOOOD! fkjhdsfkjhdsflkhdkjfdhlkjsfd! Parang recording, pero alam mong legit na live kasi dama mo yung hinga ni Tom :)))))

I've lost count of how many times I've screamed "I LOVE YOU TOM!" HAHAHA! Papabols ika nga ni Lara
LAKAS MAKA SILHOUETTE

I remember when the other band members left Tom at the stage, probably for a quick break :)) Then Tom grabbed a guitar and started singing Your Eyes Open, from their album Hopes and Fears :)
One of those moments I get reminded of how much I wanted a DSLR :))




Until now I still can't believe that I was able to watch my most favorite band with my bestest friends! I used to think that the only time I'll be able to watch them live is if I get fortunate enough to go to London, and watch them there! Who would've known that I'll get to see them live in the comforts of my own country?! *DIBAAAAAAAAA?* It was  definitely one of the best moments of my life! I mean, how many times have you heard of a person get upgraded from Gen Ad to Patron?! *Konti lang diba?* HAHAHA! My point exactly! This proved that I'm not jinxed after all! I get lucky once in a while *wink wink*.This has definitely made my year! Thank God!

Love,
Nicoco♥

P.S.
I saw my crush at the concert :)) LOLOLOLS!
Oh and by the way, all Photos courtesy of Lara Kasandra :)) Crappy! =))


You May Also Like

0 Comments