23 going 22 - Hong Kong Disneyland Trip

by - October 18, 2017

However I'm 24 now, sooo...

http://78.media.tumblr.com/da2c8a4aefb39c28cb63b0703b6af7ba/tumblr_ooo1cvZMgU1vl5qr4o1_r1_400.gif
The title will be relevant, I promise.
Anyway this is the continuation of my ever-so-late post about my Hong Kong trip last year. Some would wonder. "Why even bother blogging about something that happened last year?". well the answer is, Because this is my blog and because I can STFU I want to preserve the memories, despite it being not as fresh as it was last year. Upon re-visiting this blog, and reading some of my thoughts when I was an awkward, always self-conscious teenager (well, I'm still awkward, but less self-conscious because I'm all about the YOLO state of mind now), I suddenly had the urge to write again. It reminded me of the main reason why I blogged in the first place, and that is for me to have a medium that will give me a glimpse on how I used to think, and evaluate how I've changed through the years. Anyhoo, we can discuss about that in a separate post, moving on...

http://anastasiagreenleaf.tumblr.com/post/165359696018

Alright, so let me continue storytelling my Hong Kong trip by starting this with Day 2.

DAY 2

I think this needs a special shout out. Thank you, Hannah for the tights :)

Outside of Chung King Mansions
As I have mentioned in my previous post, for our first 2 days we stayed in Chung King Mansions (yup with an S), and oh boy how awful it was. Unlike others who start their trip going to Disneyland filling themselves with positivity and happy thoughts, me and the #TitasOfManila started the day off on the wrong foot. First, since our hotel is at the 12th floor, by the time it arrived on our floor the elevator going down is already jampacked, leaving us with no choice but to take the stairs. Now, there were a lot of awful and scary stories about the Chung King Mansions, especially on the subject of, 'do not take the stairs' angle (like this one or this one), but we don't have the privilege of time to wait and wait until the elevator becomes vacant, hence we have no choice but off to the stairs.

https://sudokuyomi.tumblr.com/post/158252588562
Me, minus the train.

The Second troubled incident was, while going down the stairs, we saw a tall African man reeking of alcohol, looking like he is waiting for someone. My initial action was to walk 2 steps back (since I was leading the group, I was walking in front), and somehow this triggered the drunkard. When he noticed my hesitation to walk his way, he started saying, "Are you scared of me, little girl?" repeatedly, which then made me truly scared. But what made me decide to just go pass him and get this over with is not the instant jolt of courage, but because he smells absolutely repulsive, that I JUST CAN'T anymore. So there, my very picky nose saved the day.

http://ghostelic.tumblr.com/post/120911261734
He really stinks

The last sick thing that day was the amount of ogling that I have experienced while leaving the establishment. You know it is a bona fide harrassment when the men are looking at you menacingly as you pass by. If this happened in my country (shout out to The Philippines), I would have spat something that will humiliate them, and have my umbrella ready just in case they would assault me Hala warfreak, however since Chung King is not in Manila, and I'm dealing with men of different nationalities, I decided to just walk with my chin up. Now, if you're asking me what I was wearing that day, shame on you-but you'll still get to see it, because I look fab in it.

Moving on...

We took the MTR going to Tung Chung, then from there we board the train going to Sunny Bay. By the way, I advise if you're going to HK avail yourself an Octopus card from the airport (or any MTR stations). The Octopus card can be used in trains, buses, food courts, and shops, however taxis are out of the equation. You can have your octopus card loaded at the nearest MTR, or even in some select 7 Eleven stores scattered all over the city. The MTR has a HKD 50 deposit, where you can have it cashed out in the airport. It's efficient to have an Octopus card, because with it you can just have it in your pocket, and saves you the effort and time from pulling out your wallet every single time. Also, the HKD 50 deposit fee can be your extra money for buying senseless stuff in the airport before you leave the country :)


No Mickey is hidden here.

The trains going to the Disneyland park is distinct, not only because of the cute Mickey Mouse-shaped windows, Mickey Mouse handles, and plush velvet seats, but because all throughout your 2 minute (or so) travel from Tung Chung to Sunny Bay, Disney songs can be heard all over the train cabin. It will certainly prep you up for what's in store.
Home

Quintessential tourist shot


After getting off the train, you'll have to walk around 50+ meters before you get to enter the park. Aside from the big Disneyland Arc, you'll see a big fountain with a huge whale with Mickey atop the water being sprouted by the whale. Another tip I can give you is to buy your tickets in advance. There are instances where park tickets are more affordable online, just make sure you have your credit card with you when you redeem your ticket at the park's entrance.

https://backpackerlee.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/your-guide-to-hong-kong-disneyland/
c/o https://backpackerlee.wordpress.com

Hallo Mickey and Minnie


ALL SMILES!
Upon entering the Park, you'll be greeted with the huge Mickey Mouse facade. Since we were there on a September, the whole park was clad up in Halloween themes, hence the abundance of Pumpkins. At the back of the facade shows the Main Street USA where the whole street is packed with shops and food stores. Anyway, I'll just dump some photos here because I'm lazy to give a detailed story Hahahaha :))


SEPANX SI KUYA









Hi Ate girl



Another amazing tip I just found out recently is that you can have your purchases forwarded to the front desk/part of the park. I remember buying that Disney Animator doll before the fireworks display, because I kept on thinking how it is such a hassle to lug around with a huge doll while queuing for rides. This is very helpful, because in every part of the park there are stores with different themes. For instance, in Tomorrowland the store there has a Star Wars themed shop, where there are shirts, and other expensive memorabilia being sold there that aren't available in other parts of the park, then there are some stores that has sales. It would also be a hassle to go back to the specific stores by the end of your trip, right? Basically, here's an enumerated list of things to consider when you go to HK Disneyland:

1. Bring your own bottle. There are some spots in the park that refills water for free. If you're not open with the idea of paying HKD 30 for beverage (which is being sold in Mongkok for HKD 5 only haha!), might as well be equipped with one.
2. Don't bring Selfie Sticks; They will end up confiscating it anyway.
3. Check their website prior to purchasing a ticket. Sometimes they have certain events that closes down certain parts of the park. In our case, when we were there the Mystic Point, Toy Storyland, and Grizzly Gulch were exclusively opened for Citibank employees only. Muy Triste, indeed!
4. Bring a small, sturdy bag, preferably a sling or backpack. 
5. Go early! There are some rides that you'll definitely want to ride again (i.e. Mystic Manor, and Space Mountain).
6. Take a lot of pictures!
7. Bring a powerbank. SERIOUSLY.
8. If you see something you reaaaally like, go buy it! Don't delude yourself by thinking that you can just buy it from the Disney Store in the airport-It is much more expensive in the airport.
9. Don't miss the finale fireworks display! However, I remember talking to a park attendant at some point, and she informed me that they don't do the fireworks display every day, soooooo might as well go there on a Friday or Saturday para sigurado hahaha!
10. Have fun! Leave your adulting ways behind ;)

Indeed, it was the happiest place in the world :)



https://blackpipecleaner.tumblr.com/post/160880120462

Love Always,
Nicoco

P.S.

Psssst ;) 


You May Also Like

0 Comments