Au Revoir, See You Again - Day 3 Hong Kong Trip

by - October 23, 2017

...Or better titled as "Let's Dump Every Picture Here" post instead, because oh boy, it'll be one huge photo dump blog :)) 
http://www.gif-weenus.com/
Ay Juskelerd!
As a continuation to my 2 previous posts about my Hong Kong trip last year ayjuskopo, since our last day was spent roaming around Mong kok buying anything for pasalubong (gifts or trinkets you bring back home to your family and friends) there's no template or story flow for this post. While most of my companions bought shoes and apparels, I bought a bunch of Kinder Egg Surprise, because aside from how dope that shit is, it's not available in the Philippines... oh, and did I mention that the eggs I bought has surprise Star Wars themed toys? Yep, most of my money went to Kinder Surprise, totally worth it I must say. Anyway, here are the photos from the last day, and the day we go home:)
Ahhh, my favorite site



Dress - Zara, Tights - Forever 21. Shoes - Adidas

#LODI



My Hurr 

True love exists


The fries from McDonald's HK is so sad, I immediately had fries when I got home.

For HKD 50? Nah, I'll buy 2 Mochi Ice instead

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
TEMPTATION.
Basura girl x The Gap hahahaha!

Anong mararating ng HKD 50 mo?

As I have mentioned in my previous post, please do not forget about your Octopus Card, because you can have it en-cashed in the airport and have dolla to buy whatever shit your heart fancies. However, if you have plans to go to Hong Kong within the year you went there, might as well just keep it in your wallet and have it reload. Aside from the Octopus card, I've also mentioned about shopping in the airport. I think it is pretty much common sense that things in the airport are usually more expensive than those sold outside or from the city proper. For instance is food, a McDonald cheese burger meal with regular fries and drink is sold for HKD 23-27 if you're going to have it in HK proper, but in the airport it goes as much as HKD 28-35. Anyway, here's a list of tips and things to note when you go to HK (from my experience, of course hahaha!):

1. Mong Kok is where you can buy all the inexpensive goodies, and booking for a room there in major hotels can be pricey, however there are cheaper options you could also check. Check Airbnb, because there are some hosts who are very hospitable and will guide you to the best spots in HK.
2. On that matter, before being carried away with the low prices of hotels, check first where it is located, and how accessible it is from the main roads and the MTR stations. 
3. On the subject of location, please PLEEEEEASE avoid going to Chung King Mansions, unless if you really want to have a slum time in HK, then go and enjoy hahaha!
4. The night markets are the bomb! They go as late as 12mn, and that also goes for the numerous food booths and street foods! Just bear in mind that if you go to night markets, expect pushy Chinese vendors who will literally chase you just so you'll buy their merch.

http://jupiter2.tumblr.com/
Nope.

5. Not all the things you see in the night markets are more inexpensive than things you could have bought from home. For instance, here in Manila my boyfriend bought me a lemon bag for Php 499.00 or roughly US$10, but when I go to HK, I saw that same bag being sold for around $30, in one of the stalls in the night market. 
6. Go check out different supermarkets, particularly Taste! If you're in a budget, they sell yummy meals like yang chow rice with beef stew, and even sushi for a price of HKD 20-40. The prices also drops before the store closes (which is around 11pm).
7. Don't be afraid to get lost! Wifi is abundant in HK, and you can usually connect to high speed internet in malls and cafes without the need of passwords. 
8. THERE'S A MALL IN EVERY CORNER! Check 'em if you've got the time, because they are all pretty, and somehow you'll bound to stumble upon sales!
9. Don't ride taxis, walk and take the public transpo instead! Walking in the streets of Hong Kong is fun, because there's a lot of things you can see in every corner, and it's safe too!
10. Bring/wear comfortable shoes! 

Lastly, here's the most important tip I could give you:

11. First, check Langham Place Shopping Mall in Google maps. Coming from Shan Tung Street, turn right to Portland street where you'll see a KFC. From there, just walk until you see the 360 store, where you'll find the mecca and get to buy this:
Hoard, I tell you.
Basically, that's it hahaha! On to the next adventure: Bangkok, Thailand *wink*

Love Always,

Mochi Ice Nicoco

P.S.



You May Also Like

0 Comments