Love Letter To Japan #NicGoesToTokyo Day 1-ish

by - February 06, 2019

A few years back, I remember having this convo with my older cousin, Lot, about wanting to go back to Hong Kong as soon as possible. Hong Kong was (yes, was) my favorite destination back then, and would always tell my cousin, with glimmering eyes, how much I want to go back as soon as I can. As soon as I finish gushing about having all the Mochi Ice I could devour, she would always reply with, "Oh, you'll stop saying that once you've been to Japan. You'll only want to go to Japan after going there." At first I thought this was an overstatement... and oh boy, how wrong I was!


Food is good, but was actually hoping for 🍣🍙 haha!
Since our day 1 was spent mostly on being in transit, better not expect anything too amazing from this post hahaha! Anyhoooo, the beginning of changing my favorite go-to destination re-happened last October 25, 2018 when I went on a trip to Tokyo, Japan with Imman's family. Why re-happened? Well, Fukuoka happened, and damn I wanna go back there sooon! 

Huhu July why can't you come sooner???
Ok, before I get swept away with thoughts of Fukuoka, let's go back to the Tokyo trip. Sooo, as I have mentioned, we flew from Manila to Tokyo last October 25 via ANA, or All Nippon Airways. It was my first time to fly in a more upscale airline that is not Cebu Pac nor Philippine Airlines, and I must say every penny spent was worth it. 

Sadly these aren't dubbed :( 
Aside from the in-flight entertainment, spacious leg space, and unlimited Apple juice, I got so amazed with the 'time to destination' tab at the monitor HAHAHAHA! I know that sounds so shallow, but I really appreciate knowing when will I step foot on my dream city... also it pays to know when you should put on your shoes 👠👡👢

But really, I suppose I appreciate and understand now the reason why some people wouldn't bat an eyelash to throw in more cash on a more upscale airline, rather than roughing it out on budgeted ones that charges you $2 for a bottle of 300 ml water. Someone used to tell me that 'your vacation starts the moment you step foot inside the airplane', so imagine having a rough time during your flight due to cramped leg space, or limited number of lavatories to use, now that would dampen the overall feel of your trip- but given that I am not yet at a level where I can afford flying with flag carriers as a norm, Cebu Pac and Jetstar will do... for now... and while I am still an avid collector of GetGo points HAHAHA!

The first thing that welcomed us. Hi Crystal Jemmy!
We arrived at the Haneda airport at around 7 to 8 pm, or roughly having 4 hours onboard. The weather in mid October was around 13 to 16 degrees Celsius at night, it was pretty chilly, but I suppose a good light coat will suffice- plus a thermal underneath for good measure 👌

KALOKA ANG DAMING LINYAAAA!



Unlike in Fukuoka here we go with the comparison game the train ride coming from Haneda going to Sumida (where our Airbnb was), took us around an hour or more, and the train fare was around 600 yen💴💴💴 (don't be fooled with that photo of my train ticket hahaha). I really can't help comparing the 2 cities, especially with its accessibility to the airport, because in Fukuoka it took us only 15 minutes and 200 yen to reach the city proper... but I'm not complaining that Haneda to Tokyo proper commute was such a hassle, because commuting in Japan was never a hassle- This I 100% assure you.



After dropping off our stuff in our Airbnb, we immediately head over to the nearest Lawson... as if we did not have enough food at the airplane hahaha! You see, Japanese convenience stores are the best, and yes I am not exaggerating here! Japanese convenience stores have almost anything your heart desires, from cutesy candies, skin care, and even photo copying services! and they have these:


Now going back to the first paragraph, can I say that I don't want to go back to Hong Kong after this Japan trip? Hmmm, still too early to say so, because I still have 5 days worth of blog content to speak for that hahaha *wink*

Yes boi

Love Always,
Nicole 😍😗


You May Also Like

0 Comments