The Last Night of The World: #NicGoesToHanoi Day 5

by - January 30, 2019

I figured I wouldn't be able to use Miss Saigon references anywhere else, so might as well go full ham until the well has dried up much like the yakult references



... and since I no longer remember all of the happenings that day, let me just dump all the photos here, and end it with a list of things that I have either learned while in Vietnam, or things I badly miss there a.k.a. food ☝🖒🤔😂











Unlike its neighbouring countries, Vietnam doesn't have über modern and sleek sky scrapers, instead they have french-inspired mid-rise buildings, most look a bit worn out, which in turn gives it an old worldly charm. Like its neighbouring countries, it has such a rich culture that you are abundant in the city of Hanoi.

For those who are thinking of going there, I have a few musings that might help you out ☝😘
1. Things in Hanoi are very affordable. Now, now, I am not a loaded gal, but during my stay in Hanoi, money wasn't my biggest worry. If you are from the PH (like me!), your 5k will go a loooong way-but of course, better bring some spare for shopping!
2. Their food is magnificent!!!! I remember when we were there, I always find myself wondering why the Vietnamese are so thin, and I suppose I sort of gotten the answer when I was able to have a bite of authentic Vietnamese cuisines! My absolute fave are Banh Mis with different kinds of fillings!
3. While on the subject of food, if you are quite a picky eater (or found comfort having a westernized palate), don't fret because they have Burger King and KFC there- but c'mon, why not try at least a bite of some Bun Cha! Don't knock 'til you try it.
4. Vietnamese coffee 👏👏👏 but a little PSA, they are quite strong! So if your have an acidic stomach, or worst GERD, better stock up on antacyd ☝
5. Accommodations are fairly affordable, but don't expect having a spatial abode... but then again, it's not as bad as budget hotels in Hong Kong 🤔🤔🤔
6. You must go to Ha Long Bay! It is a UNESCO site for a reason, and I am certain you won't regret seeing all of its magnificence with your own eyes.
7. While motorcycles are their ultimate go-to transpo, that doesn't mean you can only go to places via a bike. They have taxis, but I prefer Grab more, so you better install Grab before going there.
8. Their malls aren't as spectacular as the ones we have back in Manila- I mean, they do scrimp out on air conditioning 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️
9. Not everyone speaks English, hence the need for Google Translate app on your device... but if you know how to speak French, you have a fighting chance to survive here hahaha!
10. Vietnam is actually pretty humid, even during months of September to November, you might as well bring along clothes that are light-weight, and breezy.

Lastly...

HAVE FUN AND EAT ALL THE DELICIOUS FOOD!

Love Always,
Nicole ❣🧚‍♀️

You May Also Like

0 Comments