The Book Hoarder Chronicles - Should You Go to NBS' The Great Warehouse Sale?

by - March 28, 2019

Cryptic short answer to that is: I am poor once again!

They are on sale until March 30! Check out their page for the location HERE

I remember earlier this day I was so engrossed by the Lazada bday sale, and almost spent Php 1,000 on some Nyx make-up! I know, 1k ain't bad for 3 lipsticks, an eyeliner, a blush, and a eye crayon, however I felt in my bones that my 1k should be spent somewhere else- lo, and behold my spider senses went tingling once I got off my bus stop going home!

So where did I spend my money on? The Great Warehouse Sale! I think it is some sort of cosmic alignment that this wondrous event is at their warehouse near my home, like as if there's this unspoken thing that tells me you don't need make-up, you need more books that you'll end up parking in your bookshelf, but vowed on reading soon.
Sorry na
So here's how things went down...


Upon checking, today was actually a 'preview' day for the Laking National Bookstore card holders, which is their equivalent to a tita's trusty Advantage card. Since my sister lost my card last year, I figured this is God's way of telling me to get another one now, since I'll end up purchasing a lot of stuff from National Bookstore on the coming days YES CONFIDENT HAHAHA! With that said, I applied for the card, paid, then rushed to the warehouse full of hope!


In order to make sense of this blogpost, I'll enumerate some of the tips and advice that I can bestow upon you, because I am definitely being your best enabler right now- YOU MUST GO THE GREAT WAREHOUSE SALE!


1. Please don't bring a huge bag with you. Don't be like me who came straight from work with a huge backpack that has a laptop, and dirty clothes inside- and I was carrying it for 3 straight hours... huhu.

2. Are you sensitive to dust? Oh this place will be hell for you, fo' sho! So I suggest you bring a face mask, wear a long sleeves shirt, and if possible some gloves as well, since this sale is held inside their warehouse (literally), expect that it isn't as clean as their stores in malls.


3. Not sure if things were more orderly in the morning, but when I arrived at 6:00 pm awhile ago, the place was a mess! Books were strewn all over the place! With that, it is a must to scavenge every nook for a unique steal! I think I have hovered a certain shelf for like 3 times before I got lucky with a copy of Ready Player One.

4. A quick guide to choosing the right armor shopping basket:
A. The big ol' metal push cart - If you know in your heart that you are going to blow major cash on all your heart's desire, then go for this. 
Pro: Maximum space for all your purchases.
Con: Less mobility, since there are a lot of people, you won't be able to go through small, claustrophobic halls.
B. The plastic pulley trolley - If you are sure you want to buy a lot, but not A LOT, this one is for you.
Pro: Can accomodate around 20 books, plus you can pull through the claustrophobic halls.
Con: Having a hard time for situations where you actually have to push the trolley- in the end you end up lifting it instead #WorkOut
C. The common basket - If you know you have set a budget, and vows to buy only 2-3 books, then grab this one.
Pro: Amazing mobility, makes it easier to assess your purchases at a glance.
Con: You'll end up filling it up in no time, because stuff are craaaazy affordable, hence #DoYouLiftBruh #WorkOut #BalikAlindog in no time.

5. The sale has a very simple rule: 
A. Things with red sticker means the price of the item is 80% off its original price.
B. Things without sticker means the price of the item is 60% off its original price.
C. All books with Php 50 price has final price wala na syang i-bababa, namimihasa ka na daw.
D. Items with the red sale tag indicates final price as well.

6. Not sure with how the price goes, or are you just really doubtful of your math skillz, don't fret because they have around 4 price-checking counters where you can confirm the prices of stuff. 

Mah saviour
7. On that subject, I urge you guys to really check your purchases! There are books with red sticker on it, but when you scan the bar code here, you'll see that 80% off discount doesn't really apply on the item you want.

8. The final price is the teeny little promo price below, REMEMBER THAT! Otherwise you'll be forever disappointed that your chosen items aren't really on sale, when in fact that's not yet the final value.


 9. Aside from books, they also have items such as stationery, craft materials, party decors, and these babiesssss! For those who have no idea how much Sennelier Artist Watercolor half pans cost, the original price of EACH pan costs around Php 319, and yes EACH PAN, while if you are opting for a set of 12's palette, go check out HERE and be #shooketh. Since these individually wrapped half pans have red stickers in them, I got each half pan for Php 63 only!!!!! Sugoi Ne indeed!


10. While there are a ton of Children's books available in this sale, PLEASE DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS WITH YOU! Spare them from all the trampling, dust, long standing queues, and claustrophobic spaces, because unlike Big Bad Wolf Books Sale, being here ain't like a walk in the park.

11. Wear comfortable shoes, 'nuff said.


12. Bring a friend, because they'll be very useful to you during this trying times. You can have them look after your loot, check out stuff other people discarded, talk to you when you get bored, and have them pay your stuff via their credit cards- which you MUST pay them in cash after, of course.

13. Speaking off, they accept cash, credit cards, Paymaya, Sodexo GCs, National Bookstore GCs, and probably your kidneys (but must come with your most recent medical exam results).

14. Bring wet wipes and alcohol, because your hands will reeeeeally get dirty.

... and at last I see the light!
15. Lastly, after paying for all your purchases thank God that He blessed you with the money to buy all the useless stuff you have purchased, that for sure will gather so much dust you'll have a dust bunny in no time.

That all being said, I suggest you alarm your clock early, and go there before 10 am! Happy shopping, co-hoarders! Now, run and make it rain!


Love Always,
Nicole

P.S.
Will share the loot that I got in a separate post... nux!

You May Also Like

0 Comments