Another Day in Paradise: Ichiran, Muji, and Sekaido Shopping in Shinjuku #NicGoesToTokyo Day3

by - March 26, 2019

Heaven is a place on Earth- Tokyo to be exact!
Ahhhh Shibuyaaa!

The more I write about Japan, the more I am falling for it! Indeed it is true, the more you talk about something, the more your heart yearns for it- That's what I do with my work now hahaha! Now, I just can't help but fall for Japan from afar, still wishing to go back soonest (September please come sooner!).

But for now, let's settle in creating more memories from this Pensieve of a blog, shall we? Sooo, 3rd day in Tokyo was a fairly simple day jampacked with good food, shopping, and organized chaos.


Reptar?

🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖🦖

I highly recommend getting a place in Sumida, because everything is a stone's throw away to the best places in Tokyo. Upon checking AirBnbs nearby, Sumida has the 'friendliest' price for travelers on a budget, so I suggest people to stay there and be able to see this majestic thing- Although this one is in Shinjuku haha!
HAPPY PLACE 5EVER!

Given that we really didn't have a concrete plan of what to do that day, we aimlessly go on window shopping, until everyone agreed to go to this huge-ass Muji in Shinjuku.
Blurry coz in a hurry




Busy aketch.

A bite of Heaven PLS! 🍓🍓🍓

I know for a fact that Muji has everything, but I was kinda #shooketh when I found out that they also sell appliances! But Idkman, I still find Muji too over-priced even when I was already in Japan. I just don't see or get the premium of getting something in Muji, since their stuff are much more expensive than un-named brands- but there is an exception to my slight distaste of Muji, and that is this mochi icecream with a strawberry in the middle. THIS IS A MUST BUY! THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD BUY IN MUJI!




ULTIMATE FAVORITE RAMEN IN THE WHOLE GALAXY!
A trip to Japan will never be complete without a quick visit to Ichiran. As usual, there was a looong queue, but I swear it is worth it! We had our Ichiran in Shinjuku after leaving the huge Muji store with just a piece of Mochi Icecream on my hands- Yes, dessert first before the good stuff.



I figured that Shinjuku perhaps is one of the main shopping hubs in Tokyo, because now I realized why we went there, and it was because Imman's mom wanted to buy pre-loved jewelries and designer labels, because they are much more affordable in Shinjuku compared to in Manila. While they hunt for the Bvlgaris and Louis, I headed to the ultimate art heaven. Check out HERE my crazy 10 minute shopping spree at the mothership of all art stuff, Sekaido... oh and HERE for the loot that I got there ✍️ ✍️ ✍️ ✍️ ✍️ ✍️




Since we got separated by the core group, me, Julz, and Jhude took a train going to tita Emily's house, where we were treated with amazing home cooked Japanese food. I don't think I'll ever have a better Takoyaki in my life aside from the one she prepared for us! There really is Tako in her Takoyaki, unlike the ones here in Manila, where you have to go for a search party to have just a tiny piece of Tako in your ball! 🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙





Cutting the whole narrative short, we ended up going to Shibuya that night, just so we can see how crazy the crowds were when they crossed the famous crossing (hah sabaw). Some people might find it too touristy, or cheesy, but I actually loved every minute of it because it reminded me of the movie Lost in Translation! I absolutely love the chaotic yet orderly flow of people, even though I've been trampled by a group of people wearing Pokemon character costumes- But hey, being trampled in Japan is the best hahaha! 🤪🤪🤪

I know this ending sucks, so let me make it worse by sharing an OOTD photo of that day *wink*
Cap, Blazer, Skort all from Vietnam| Checkered Polo from Thailand| Trench Coat from Stradivarius| Bag gifted by my cousin (but from Chat Chat Hong Kong)| Socks from Uniqlo| Shoes from Adidas ... #YesBloggerLang hahahha! 😍🤩

Love, Always!

Nicole 😍

You May Also Like

0 Comments