Third Time's A Charm - #NicJustWannaGoToHongKong Day 1

by - April 26, 2019

As the title obviously suggested, this is my 3rd time in the land of neon lights, and coffin apartments.

Oh and this harbor too.

As much as I want to push and continue with the Japan blogs (mej katams huhu), let me start anew with my trip to HK last January. Me and my cousin, Lot (the same crazy cousin I went with in Vietnam), booked our tickets last July-I think? I don't know why we chose HK, when she's been there more than 10x, but hey who am I to say no to travels, right?

Somebody likes pink too much.
Our flight was at 8 A.M. so we opt to go to the Terminal 3 at 4 A.M. for us to have plenty of time to gorge on the free food at the lounge facilities.


But lo and behold, it's either because most Filipinos are flying back to their respective country of work, or the service of the airport sucks, they were a lot of queues in both the travel tax counter (still smh on why Filipinos pay for this, when the tourists should be the ones to shoulder this), and especially at the immigration part. Luckily we did not miss our flights despite reaching our gate at around 8:15 A.M.- The plane left the airport at around 10! Kalokaaa 🙃🙃🙃🙃

I don't know why I look like this in the photo 🤔
Quintessential turista photo


I missed HK International Airport, but what I don't miss is not seeing McDonalds the moment you are about to leave if. Idk, but I think it has been replaced by Crystal Jade 🙅 but anyhoo, upon arrival we were greeted with the cold air, something that is non-existance in even during January in Manila.


Forlorn?
Since we will be staying at Mongkok, we took the A21 bus. Just a quick tip, make sure you have exact 33 HK dollars with you, because the bus driver doesn't give any change. I'm not sure where the other buses lead to, given that with all the times I have been in HK, I have only stayed in Mongkok because I am poor. Also, if you are not in a hurry, it's ok to take the bus, because from Lantau (the island where the airport is at) to Mongkok it will take you only an hour, so that's a good time to take a nap.

The most disappointing sale.



Huhuhu


The minions will be thrilled
After dumping our luggages into our miniscule Airbnb, we immediately wandered around the malls near to us (Hola MiraMall!). Despite it only just our 1st day in Hong Kong, I have noticed a lot of differences compared to our previous travels there:
1. Things are more expensive. I don't think this one is HK's fault, it's just that pesos has become weaker, that 1 HKD is equivalent to 7 pesos now, when a few years ago it was only 6 pesos.
2. People are quite rude. Idk, maybe I got so mellowed down by Japanese people, that the Cantonese doesn't sound as melodic as before.
3. There are more 360 mart! More Kinder Surprise eggs in every corner!

Pwede na


 At night time, we ended up having dinner in Cafe de Coral, where we ate this dessert thing that tasted like Ginataan but without the bilo-bilo-which just made me sad. Afterwards we decided to watch the dancing lights at the harbor, because believe it or not, I haven't seen it before haha!

That's about it I guess? More HK posts soon - or Japan ones... bahala na😂😖👋✌🤗

Love Always,

Nicole

P.S.
Don't bring Kate Spade bags when travelling, they are too heavy for their own good 🙅🙅🙅🙅

You May Also Like

0 Comments