The Door and Some Dream Interpretations

by - July 07, 2020


A foreword: This isn't about ambition and stuff like that just good ol' dreams.

Ever since I have really vivid dreams, and I suppose I am lucky to always remember as much as 70-80% of my dreams even after 5 minutes after waking up. Since I am such a sucker for things like kokology, and basically tests that try to uncover your truest self -naks-


The more you're disappointed of yourself ahahahhahaha awuw
Let's just begin.

My dream is pretty simple to be honest. In my dream I am a student once again, and I was running late for a class. I had to go to the building, but in order to go there you have to climb the stairs to the main door.

Here's a drawing of how the front looks, I know my drawing is fantastic hahahah!

I remember in my dreams I was so pissed at the people who are going down in the left side, when people are supposed to go down on the right side. While climbing the stairs I was struggling with my bag, which looks like this:

Hahaha no shit, this is how my bag looks like in my dreams! Anyhoo, I had such a hard time carrying this bag, even accidentally dropped it several steps below! But after trying my best to carry, I was able to reach the door at the top floor- yup the tinier one! I see a couple of children easily get in it, but when I tried to go through it, I find the door too small, or too narrow for me to fit in. I figured I don't want to force myself in fear of tearing a part of my dress, so I decided to just enter the lower floor door, which is a standard sized door. 


Once inside I passed through the hallway, and get to be in the foyer where I noticed that time has passed, from it being around 4 PM, it turned into 6 PM where the sun is about to go down. One thing I noticed about the place is it has SOOOOO many huge windows without glass, and a bunch of plants, particularly ones with vines cascading on the walls.

Imagine x10 of these everywhere! HAHAHA!
After running around like a headless chicken, I heard an authoritative woman calling out my last name, and by following the sound I ended up on the tables part, where I finally see my classmates, one of which is my real-life best friend, Zai. Once I was able to plop down to my seat next to her, she told me they have started coloring, and the subject of our artworks is focused on fashion illustrations wth dynamic hair poses. As I take out my watercolor papers, I realized I wasn't able to bring any watercolor palette, which to be honest is so uncharacteristic of me since I always bring one (The Prima one to be exact, because it's so handy), but good thing Zai has one and she shared it with me.... and that's when my dream ended.


Probably. There are so many theories why we dream, but no one really have an answer why, and what's the purpose of this. I have always had this notion that our dreams are like leftover thoughts of things we are thinking about before we fall asleep, because I did have A LOT of dreams that was influenced by the things I was thinking of before going to sleep, which usually translated into nightmares of escaping from zombies.

So really, do dreams mean anything? A lot of philososphers and psychologist on this matter, some well-known distinguished people like professor and psychologist, G. Domhoff Wilholm. who concludes that:

Dreaming likely serves no adaptive function in an evolutionary sense

 While Sigmund Freud actually sees it as the "royal road" which could actually tell you a thing or two about who you really are deep down... WOW hahaha! So if this is the case, things in my dreams must have meant something, like the door must have symbolize opportunities, or something.

ANYHOOOOOOO I just really want to share this weird dream because I've started writing my dreams in a journal hahaha!

Love always,

Nicole 🖤

You May Also Like

0 Comments