Just Wing It! #NicDoesReviews on Canmake Tokyo's Quick Easy Eyeliner

by - July 06, 2020


I've been meaning to write about this eyeliner for sooooo long, and by 'soooo long' I meant since 2018!

Me, as always
In all fairness I have to say I have improved a little bit with my eyeliner drawing skillz since the last time I did a post about eyeliners *ehem Miniso Make-up blog post here ehem*. Since then I have found a better eyeliner, and that is...


Yes, my friends, I have discovered the Canmake Tokyo Quick Easy Eyeliner a year after my Miniso Make-Up blog post, particularly when I received my first Canmake blusher and became attracted to Canmake's girly aesthetic.

But what is Canmake Tokyo exactly? 

Yup!
Canmake Tokyo is an affordable line of make-up popular with teens in Japan. As I see it, they are like South Korea's Etude House's Japanese equivalent, because they are both REALLY GIRLY, affordable, and has a wide array of product to experiment with, from eyeshadows to lippies! I was actually first introduced to their creamy blusher after my cousin, Lot, gave me one after a trip to Japan. I actually liked the product, and I suppose that's what fueled my curiosity with this brand.

Anyhooo, let's start with our #NicDoesReviews on Canmake Tokyo's Quick Easy Eyeliner!



One notable thing about Canmake Tokyo products are its girly packaging. If I were to compare this to South Korean brands-well, comparing Japanese make-up brands to South Korean ones, Japanese' make-up are more subdued in terms of packaging, and overall aesthetic, unlike South Koreans where they seem to be VERY adventurous with packaging looking at you Tony Moly Egg mask!



The Canmake Tokyo's Quick Easy Eyeliner is incased in this plastic box, where at the back I suppose it says a thing or two about the ingredients used to create this product. Also, good news, ALL CANMAKE TOKYO MAKE-UP ARE MADE IN JAPAN! Talk about quality 😉


As for the main eyeliner pen, it's thin and small, which means it perfectly fits even in the smallest of bags for quick touch-ups. What I absolutely adore about this eyeliner is its thin brush tips that is more forgiving if you create wonky lines, since it's thin you can try to layer it until it starts to look somehow decent hahaha! But joking aside, with its medium-soft thin brush tips, it makes the product easy to glide on your lids, which means less tugging and less hassle.



Unlike other eyeliners in the market, much like the Oh M'Eye Liquid Eyeliner by Etude House, the Canmake Tokyo Eyeliner dries into a matte black, rather than a glossy tacky one. With just one swipe, you get to have a black line, staying true to its quick and easy claim.


But if you want a richer bolder line, little extra swipes won't hurt to achieve a strong black cat-eye ala Adele. When the eyeliner dries on your skin it doesn't dry into a velvety feel, but rather more of like a tattoo, slightly faded black, not quite Jet Black. I say this is best in creating like the outline of the cat-eye then fill it up with a more opaque eyeliner, a pencil Kohl-based one perhaps?


This is it pansit, now let's see how this holds up in a day :) 

7:00 AM


This is how it looks like after I apply it on my eyes. I only used the Canmake Tokyo Quick Easy Eyeliner even in filling up to make the cat eye. It's really easy to apply and the brush glides smoothly, and no tugging!!!

12:00 Noon


It's going strong, holding on 💪the 'blackness' starts to fade a bit, but it's not smudging, so we're still good. It's still in tact, but if you look really close, you'll see flaws already.

5:00 P.M


As you can see in the photo, yep that's a helmet because I went biking from my office to SM Megamall- which is 400 meters away hahaha! Due to sweat the eyeliner continues to fade, and what is left is the outline of the eyeliner.

7:30 P.M.


What we now have are remnants of what it was hahaha! With sweat and skin oils it wiped out whatever remained of my eyeliner.

By the way just a disclaimer I did not do any re-application or touch-up, oks? 



Finally our classic Pros and Cons...

PROS:
💓 If you're in Japan you won't have a hard time finding a Canmake Tokyo booth in department stores. Also this retails for Php 300+!
💓 It's affordable
💓 The brush is thin and flexible, really helpful in applying the eyeliner because it results to less tugging.
💓 Once applied it doesn't fade fast.
💓 The eyeliner dries into a matte black feel, which is oretty good if you are not into a vinyl-lile glossy black (like the Oh M'Eyeliners of Etude House).
💓 Satisfactory marks for its pigmentation. With just 1 swipe you get to see a solid color. Yep, even without the use of a primer.
💓 Despite its small size, this eyeliner pen really lasts! I tried using this eyeliner for 3 months almost everyday, and til now it's going strong (a disclaimer: An eyeliner's shelf life is only around 6 to 8 months, mkaaay?).
💓 It's also available in Brown 👌

CONS:
💔 While yes it is available in most SM department stores nationwide, and even online (you can buy them here in Lazada), the price is very different unlike if you buy it in Japan. Here in The Philippines it retails for around Php 500- 600! Yes, almost double the price! But heyyy, a plane ticket costs more than 200 pesos, diba???
💔 It fades after a couple of hours, so it's a must to do some touch-ups with this bb.
💔 Staying power is 😔 But hey, this eyeliner does not have such claims like "long-wearing" or "water-proof", so I'm gonna cut this one some slack.
💔 The brush tends to fray in the long run. This one is actually a repurchase, and the first one that I bought frayed. Though I'm also at fault here because I like drawing hearts on my cheeks using this hahahaha!




As I have mentioned, this is a repurchase already and I think I have already used around 2 in the past, and given this statement I can definitely vouch for this eyeliner. Prior to using this I've tried a couple of brands, some more expensive than this one, that only gave disappointing results.

That said, I think Canmake Tokyo Quick Easy Eyeliner is a great addition to anyone's make-up arsenal, especially for those who doesn't want to break the bank. It's affordable, does the job, and easy-to-use, what more can you ask for?


MWAH!

Love Always,

Nicole ♡♡♡

P.S.
Ohhhh I've got a lot of make-up stuff to review hihihi! Stay tuned! 😍

You May Also Like

0 Comments