Pretty Peachy C #NicDoesReviews on Peach C Lipstick

by - December 18, 2020


Growing up, I legit thought Peaches are the same as Pears! HAHAHA! I don't know why I had that thinking, that's why during my first travel to Japan I don't get the hype about peaches, and why are they obsessed with it that they have peaches flavor of EVERYTHING! I kid you not, they even have those water that tasted like peaches - and no, I am not talking about juice, it really is peach water haha!

This is it pancit.
OKAAAY Anyway, once again we are veering away from what we are going to talk about today, and that is ...


Yes, another make-up review, and YES, another Korean brand

Just a quick background, I actually got this along with other 5 beauty goodies from the online store, Charis' Mystery Lucky Bag promo, where if you buy a mystery bag worth Php 700 + Php 100 shipping (applicable if you live in Metro Manila, Philippines) you get to have around 3 items that are definitely worth more than Php 700! Not bad ehh?

Anyway, one of the brands that HiCharis.Net carries is Peach C, which is a Korean cosmetics brand that also carries eyeshadows, foundations, and other different formulations of lipsticks. To be honest, if it weren't for the Charis Mystery Lucky bag promo I wouldn't know a thing or two about this brand 🤷🏻‍♀️

And with that, come and join me know more about this Peach C Semi-Matte Lipstick in shade Pure C.



The box looks like the gradient color of how a peach fruit looks like. On the side, you can see the ingredients list written in Korean, which is pretty much a norm with every cosmetics item in the market.

At the bottom part, you'll see the shade name, as well as the color of the lipstick.


The lipstick itself is encased in a matte finish pale Pink tube that has the brand name on its bottom part. At the bottom of the lipstick, you'll once again see the shade name, as well as the expiration date of the product- which I strongly commend. 

Usually, with cosmetic products that come with a box, the inscription of the expiry date is printed in the box. Unless you have a penchant for keeping boxes of your make-up, this won't be helpful in keeping tabs on how long you should be using your make-up.






With the help of Google Lens, I was able to check ingredients and other details about this Korean product. I am no chemist, but upon checking I did not see anything as odd as formaldehyde or arsenic in it, so we cool hahaha char.


Now, in terms of consistency and pigmentation, I definitely have my two cents on this matter. The product claims that it is a semi-matte lipstick, but tbh it definitely feels more satiny. Like most tube matte lipstick, where lipstick mattifies after several seconds of its application on the skin, but this one stays satiny. Although it isn't so glossy, for some reason it feels like a less saucy lipgloss, but definitely not a matte lipstick. On the bright side, with this consistency the lipstick feels really moisturizing to the lips that even after awhile your lips won't feel dry- that, I love!

As for pigmentation, with just one swipe you'll definitely see the color pay-off, much like how a satin lippie performs. On the tube, the color appears to be a bit dustier, but once applied it's actually bright. There's also a difference between the application on the forearm vs. the lips! Once it's on my lips, it looks very orange-y hahaha!

How many swipes do I need to get a full lip of lipstick, you ask? 2!


To cap off this review, the last and one of the most important factors for me in picking a make-up, let's talk about its staying power.

Being the lazy girl that I am who adores small bags, I hate bringing a lot of make-up with me, as well as re-applying! Wearing a mask has been a tiny 'yey' thing for me since I can get away not retouching my lippie after having a hearty lunch! Given these ramblings, it's a must for me to have a make-up product that stays longer than all of my exes haha ayyy! 

Told yah, it looks shiny!

Before leaving my house at around 7:30 A.M., I gave my lips 2 quick swipes of this lipstick, then proceed on putting on my mask. When I arrived at the office, around 30% of the lipstick had already transferred to my mask 👎 And this is just an hour after applying it! Estoy Triste 😕


While yes, I have proven that staying power in the lips is not one of its strength, I decided to be experimental and put one on my cheeks hahahaha! Make-up, for me, should be mult-functional to the point that you make sure every cent is worth it! When I like a color of a lippie I test out if it'll also be a good shade for my cheeks. Lo and behold, it actually turned out... good! Surprisingly though the color lasted longer on my cheeks, compared to my lips ☝


Now we proceed with our Classic Pros and Cons:

PROS
💓 The packaging is slick, and minimalist. I appreciate that you can see the expiration date on the lipstick instead, rather than on the box (which you'll end up throwing away).
💓 No irritating smell. Sure it does have a VERY FAINT smell of peaches, but you'll hardly notice it.
💓 Color pay-off is nice, despite it being brighter when applied compared to its dustier appearance in the tube.
💓 Easy to apply. Due to its creamy consistency, the product glides like silk on my lips, without leaving patches of uneven color. Makes a good make-shift blush too lol!
💓 Very moisturizing, your lips won't feel dry when you apply this on your pucker.

CONS
💔 While yes, I do love the simplicity of the packaging I also had a problem with it. Not sure if the one I got is faulty, but the one I received doesn't go down when I twist it! In the end I just push it back with my lips hahahaha!
💔 Semi-matte whut? This is not matte in any form whatsoever, Peach C are you drunk?
💔 It's not transfer-proof, and the staying power is mehhhhh! After an hour my lipstick had already migrated to my facemask 😕
💔 Very limited colors. Unlike my ultimate favorite: Peripera's Airy Ink Velvet, there are like only 6 shades available for this line of lipstick, and by the looks of it they are only complementary to Korean fair skin 😥

Overall, I did enjoy this lipstick, especially since it's just a freebie from a purchase of mine 👍 But would I actually buy one for myself? Maybe 🤷


BUT Hey, if you wanna try it you may get yours for a fraction of its price! Check out HiCharis' Expiry sale, and you may get 2 for the price of 1!


Yep! I checked it, and the expiration date is June 2021! Not bad really especially if you're feeling extra adventurous and wanna try a new make-up brand👀👄💋



Love Always,
Nicole ❤








You May Also Like

0 Comments