Wedding Gift Commission Art #NicDoesArts

by - December 28, 2020

 


Yup, had no time to think of an awful trying-hard-to-be-witty caption, so this is it pancit!

A couple of weeks ago, one of my previous work colleagues and good friend, Chai, messaged me if I could do a commission work drawing her and her soon-to-be hubby!




To be honest I am still waaaaaaay insecure about my talent in drawing, hence my initial anxiety over joy hahahuhu 🙈 However, I figured I should face my fears and say yes to the dress char wrong show.

The moment Chai sent me the photo I will be using as reference for, I immediately whipped out my tablet and started drawing! My rough first sketch features the outline of their bodies, then eventually I proceed with the details.

As seen above, I sent over the rough sketch to show that indeed I am working on it, and to clarify details such as the prints on their garments, and what is she holding in the photo ☝

After seeing my rough sketch, she confirmed that YES THOSE ARE FRICKIN' BIRDS HAHAHAHUHUHU!


After getting over the bird prints, I proceed in doing details. In drawing them, I have to keep on reminding myself that I should not do this as realistic as I could, but instead draw them in a style I am confident with- but heyyyy, at this point I am challenging myself in trying out different styles, so who knows hahaha 💁


My favorite thing to color, the hair! My usual tool in coloring are the fountain pen for the base, then the air brush for creating darker and lighter tones to create depth 😘

Beach glow needs some of that highlight ☝


Yup, still working on those patterns! Originally the pattern of Chai's kimono are paisleys in white and shades of blue, however I find it too difficult to draw, so I find other patterns with the same texture ☝😕🙆


The dreaded bird print! Hahahaha! Good thing I saw this camouflage-like brush tool that sort of imitates how the bird patterns in the fiancé's shirt looks like 😍

REFERENCE:

FINAL ARTWORK:
After sending out the final artwork, Chai asked me for the final price, but I really intend on giving this as an advance Wedding gift to them, so I joked that she could just give me a box of Chilimansi Instant Pancit Canton 😂

I really had so much fun creating the likeness of this wonderful couple! Hopefully I do get more commission works for 2021 for #iPadProFundzzz, hence I shall start on my commission pricelist 🤗 Will post that very soooon!

In the meantime, should you wish to request for a commission artwork of yourself, your crush, or even your dog, you can DM me at @nicjustwannadraw in Instagram 😚 

Love Always,
Nicole♥♡♥







You May Also Like

0 Comments