Sawadee Ka(t) : Bangkok Travel Day 1

by - December 05, 2017

SAWADEEEEE KAAAAA! Soooo, I just came back from Thailand yesterday, and I think I may be suffering from post-traveling depression, hahaha! All I wanna do right now is to prepare my luggage for another journey, and off I go to anywhere I initially am not excited for.

Initially, that's how I feel about this Thailand trip. I'm not that excited to travel to Bangkok, because I thought it'll be very similar to The Philippines, so what's the fuss? Truth be told, it is indeed very similar to my home base, but contrasting as well. Anyhoo, let me story tell my trip to the Land of The Free Taste Smiles :)



You see, Manila traffic is delirious, that's why it is a must to be at the airport much earlier than the usual 2 hours before your flight time-frame. Our flight to Bangkok was at 9:44 am last November 30 and I remember waking up at 5 am, and left home at 5:30 a.m. from Pasig to Paranaque, where Terminal 2 is. Fortunately, it is a Philippine Holiday that day, so there were no work or classes, hence no traffic (woohooo!). Arrived at the airport at around 6:00 a.m., then proceed for check-in and immigration.

Huhuhuhu

Airplane food 😍😍😍

Because Calligraphy is lifeuuuu!
It was my first time to fly with Philippine Airlines, and I must say I feel well-taken care of throughout the 3 hour flight going to Bangkok. Here are the things I liked about this plane ride:
1. Good food is goooood! I was expecting it to be bland and tasteless, but I was proven wrong! 
2. In-Flight Entertainment. This is perfect for first-time riders, since it takes off the jitters and nerves whenever there's turbulence.
3. Free 30 minute Wi-Fi worth 15 MB. Though, PAL also offers other Wi-Fi options but for a fee.
4. Unlimited liquor and drinks! I had 2 glasses of Orange Juice and 2 glasses of Red Wine. Life is Gooood!




We arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport at around 13:00 Philippine time, and 12:00 Thailand Time. You see, Thailand is an hour later than the Philippines, so instead of adjusting the time in my watch, I just subtract an hour hahaha Tamad pala. Suvarnabhumi airport is modern, and quite similar to Hong Kong International Airport. I don't know, but are airports all over the world has this template for architecture? Why is Philippines not informed? HAHAHA! 






Hulas face with focused bebegel Annie Rose hahahah!
Straight from the airport, we headed to Wat Trimit / Traimit, or Temple of Golden Buddha. According to our tour guide, Cris, the word Wat means Temple in Thai language. So, if you see places called Wat this or Wat that, it doesn't mean it's asking you what this is or what is that hahahaha Corny, kill me nao. Wat Trimit is located in Bangkok's China town, which looks and feel similar to the China Town we have here in Manila. Like in Manila's China town, the roads and streets are very narrow, hence the traffic it ensues, oh dear.

In order to see the Golden Buddha, one must climb flights of stairs, then must take off their shoes upon entering the temple. To all the ladies (and even men), I advise that you get your feet pampered and pedicured before heading to Thailand, because you'll be barefoot majority of the time.




Yup, those Log-like things are the toes of the reclining Buddha.

BEBEGELSUNITED HAHAHAH! 



Legit Sawadee Cat
A tiny fraction of the wall from the Temple of The Reclining Buddha.

Huhuhu so yummy!

The HULAS Crew

The next place in our itinerary was the Wat Pho or Po, which is the Temple of The Reclining Buddha, and Dayuuum Son, I was shookt to the core when I saw how humongous the reclining Buddha is! I think it measures up to around 40-50 meters long, and I'm not even exaggerating here! Aside from the Reclining Buddha, the whole compound/complex consists of mini temples with various Buddhas in it. Everything is so golden, and the designs in every corner is so intricate, it'll make your eyes water! I think I got so overwhelmed, that I ended up hungry which made me devour the chicken soup from outside the temple. Ohhhhhhhhh, it's soooooo goood, for 40 Baht the serving is big and can fill up the tummies of 2 starving girls-or rather women hahaha! Thai Street Food is the best!

After all the temples, we decided to head over to our hotel at the Baiyoke Suite Hotel to FINALLY check-in our luggages, and freshen up before we head to have our dinner in Cabbages and Condoms-Yup, that really is the name of the restaurant :) Will talk about that in a separate post, because it deserves more air time hahaha!

Will post about the Day 2 soon, because if I try to cram all of the 4 days in one post, your eyes will bleed hahaha!


Donya Nicole and the Legend of the Fish Pond

Love Always,

Nicole.







You May Also Like

0 Comments