#NicGoesToHongKong - Outfit Check!

by - October 07, 2019

Don't bring Kate Spade bags when travelling, they are insanely heavy huhu

Same goes to my Tokyo outfit check blog, this is my way of keeping tabs of my fashion faux pas, as well as a way of looking back at how old my clothes have been with me (good quality clothing, reprezeeeent!)



Day 1



OOTD:
> Coat : B+AB 
> Shirt : H&M
> Jeans : Levi's
> Sneakers : Adidas
> Bag : Kate Spade

It was quite a chilly January, that's why I opt for something that will definitely cover me up. Believe it or not, I had that B+AB brown coat for almost 6 years and only once did I bring it out of town! What's even more amazing is that I got it from Ukay-ukay for roughly Php 50 or $ 1 only!

Thank you, Ukay-ukay
Basically everything I am wearing,  down to that very Kate Spade bag was discounted, I mean, who in their right mind would buy something in full price???

I blame watching too much The Nanny for having a stronger conviction against buying stuff sans the discounts.
One of my favorite discounted purchase was my Levi's jeans, which originally was sold for Php 2,500.00, but I got it for only Php 1,000 during my Tokyo trip. That's a good Php 1,500 I have saved, and was better used in buying more pasalubongs!


Day 2




OOTD:
🌸 Plaid Coords : No brand, bought from Vietnam
🌸 Blouse : Pilfired from my sister's closet
🌸 Shoes : Payless
🌸 Bag : Kate Spade

For our day 2, it was actually colder than the first one, and yet here I was with my favorite short coords. The temperature back then was around 15 degrees Celsius, and for some miraculous reasons ...

IT ME
I wasn't wearing any thermal wear inside! I felt completely at ease walking around wearing this ensemble, however things have changed on the 3rd day.

Day 3 



OOTD:
❄ Hat : Brixton
❄ Sweater : Random find in Hong Kong
❄ Jeans : Forever21
❄ Sneakers : Adidas
❄ Bag : Chat Chat

Yup, on the 3rd day I began to question my life choices. Given how at ease I was wearing that light coords the day before, I have undermined that whatever temperature this day will bring, the need to bring a jacket won't arise. Oh boy, how wrong was I!

ME ON TOP OF LANTAU
Clearly I have underestimated how cold it is on top of the mountain. I remember while we ascend to the top of Lantau riding the gondola, I start to 'un'-feel my back! Apparently the gondolas were not airconditioned, and instead they have those tiny ventilations that basically reminds you that nature dictates the temperature of the inside of gondolas, and not the management of Ngong Ping 360.

It doesn't help either that my knees felt sooo cold hahaha! Why was I not with right judgement to wear my levi's again, then bundle up with atleast a simple shirt underneath? I really have no idea what past Nicole had in mind back then.

 Day 4



OOTD:
👑 Coat : B+AB
👑 Dress : Ukay-ukay
👑 Shoes : Payless
👑 Bag : Kate Spade

Since I was petrified with the idea of riding a ferry, I figured I should compensate with a fancy outfit that I really feel good wearing. I also had in mind back then, that if I die because of heart attack at least I am wearing a good outfit that my ghost version wouldn't mind wearing for all eternity hahaha!
I deserve a slow clap, or a standing ovation would suffice.
Aside from the morbid idea of making sure my ghost outfit is good, I have also taken in consideration that I'm going to the fancy schmancies of Macau, so I think I should AT LEAST give some effort- or so I think I did. 

Like most of my 'interesting' clothes, I got my priest-collared dress from Ukay-ukay. I remember when I saw this dress, I was hesitant on buying it at first, because I have a LOT of black dresses already, and I don't think I'll be visiting THAT many funerals in my life- lol jk lang uy I need a lot of black clothes in my life. But for some reason this brought me joy, so I ended up buying it.When the time comes that I have already laundered this, I have discovered how it fits so good with my body! Past Nicole did a good job in using her judgement in this one.

Day 5

OOTD:
💭 Blazer : Bought from Vietnam (part of the coords)
💭 Sweater : H&M
💭 Jeans : Levi's
💭 Shoes : Adidas
💭 Socks : Mumuso
💭 Bag: Kate Spade

I'd love to call this my 'balikbayan' lewk, and I don't really have any logical reason behind it. This outfit is perfect for going back home, especially when we're already on our way to the airport, lugging heavy luggages- but once again, this Kate Spade bag is the most impractical thing to bring to any travel.


Special Mention

Ah yes, the most iconic of them all.
Basing on the greasy hair bundled up, this lewk was thrown in a jif so we can have an early headstart with our shopping. I haven't taken a bath at that time yet, but good thing it's so cold I did not break a sweat- but still, always take showers, ok?

Aaaaand that's it for my Hong Kong trip-related blogs! It's always nice to travel during cold seasons because I get to experiment more when it comes to layering, although it is pretty costly for the baggage allowance 🤷‍♀️ Oh well, we'll see if I still have this mindset on our trip next Feb 2020 🤗

Love always,
Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments