Fun In JaFuuun 🙃 #NicGoesToTokyo -again!

by - October 03, 2019

I know, ang waley, but I got to put it here because I am in Japan once again! Currently I am in Tokyo, at 3 in the morning, trying to count how many sleep I'll get if I wake up early for our Mt. Fuji trip 🙃


So while I wait for sleep to knock my consciousness down, I shall blog about what a loooong day today has been.






Our flight was at 2 P.M., but because I got a slight trauma of being stuck in immigration line for an hour during our January trip to Hong Kong, I opted to go earlier-by earlier, I was dropped off by my boyfriend, Ken, at 10 P.M. in NAIA Terminal 3. Fortunately, there aren't that much travellers that day, so going through immigration was a breeze.

After thorough checkings and filling up of forms, my cousin, Lot, whisked me away to the airport lounge to have some champagne and mini sandwiches. But given that I am really a 5 year old trapped inside an adult's body, I got ice cream, Arroz Caldo,and a Coke instead- I had 2 ice creams! 👏👏👏



Our flight duration was around 4 hours, and because of Japan being 1 hour ahead of us from The Philippines (and basically in all aspects), we got there at 7:00 P.M. Since I am travelling with 2nd cousins from the States, we weren't able to leave the airport immediately, because some had to rent a wifi device first, and some had to queue to convert their USDs for JPYs-and the lines are preeeeetty long.


So while waiting for them, I decided to head over the EasyGo counter in Narita Airport Terminal 2 (at the 2nd floor), to get my simcard and my 3-day unlimited subway ticket (not applicable to JR Yamanote line tho. Sad.) that I purchased off from Klook. Surprisingly, I was greeted with a free counter because there weren't a lot of people getting their Klook-purchased stuff at that time.

Just a quick sidenote, this Tokyo Subway pass is a lifesaver! Although you won't be able to us it in JR lines, you'll still be able to save yourself some $$$. They give you a map along with this card, so you can check out which lines to take to get to your destination.



In my previous trip to Tokyo, we landed in Haneda that's why I have no idea how to go to Tokyo proper coming from Narita airport. Good thing my cousinis a frequent visitor here, so she was able to herd us like Bo Peep.

Coming from Narita airport one can opt to take a bus, exclusive hotel transfer, or trains. If you choose the train option (coz u poor like us), you buy a ticket for the Skyliner train that goes to different parts of Tokyo. Given that we chose to stop at the Nippori Ueno station, and from there hop into the line leading to Shinjuku, we paid ¥1,240+ for the Skyliner one-way ticket to Ueno. From Ueno to Shinjuku, that's when you whip out your pasmo. Not sure how much our trip cost me, since I have already loaded up my Pasmo with ¥2,000 🤷‍♀️ (⬅️ Gangstaaaa), but pretty sure it wasn't that much because it's pretty close from Ueno.


What I love about staying in Shinjuku is that no matter how late it is already, your surroundings is still as loud as it is at 6 P.M.! We were able to roam around (after settling our stuff at the hotel) at around 1 A.M. already, and yet there are still people partying-on a monday night!!!



Not sure ano pinaglalaban ko dito.
That's pretty much it for the first day! Since we arrived late at night, not much has happened-but pretty sure great things are up ahead, because JAPAAAAAAN!

Love Always,

Nicole 😘

P.S.
Hi Asahi.
Ultimate favorite

You May Also Like

0 Comments