Outside The Lines #NicDoesArts for a Cause

by - March 31, 2020



As I have mentioned in my previous post PLASTIC LOVE, I am interested in starting something with the following objectives:

♡Help out people struggling with anxiety and depression with art.
♡Inspire people to create artworks while on enhanced quarantine lockdown and refrain from using TikTok.
♡Urge people to donate to different causes, e.g. funds for Personal Protective Equipments for our frontliners.

With all these in mind, I created a...


TADAAAH! I created a mini coloring book! Since I've had a couple of sketches that are waiting to be colored, I had this crazy idea to digitize them and make them available to be colored not only be me, but by others as well. This coloring book I created has 5 fashion illustrations which I made in both traditional and digital media. The size is A4, in a PDF format, and it can easily be printed out, so you can use your Faber-Castell watercolor pencils, or your kid's crayons, YOU DO YOU 🥰 But if you're more into digital art and want to bust out your intuos, or even your iPad Pro, you can still do  so 👌




With a trusty phone camera, and Galaxy Tab A with an Autodesk Sketchbook app I began tracing the lines off of my original sketch to make it cleaner, and somewhat easier to color. I remember while doing this rather relaxing activity, I would indulge myself to 80's Japanese pop songs on loop, pretty much the same with the process I had when I created the Plastic Love artwork.


Sooooo going back to my objectives, I remember before there had been a boom to the popularity of adult coloring books, and I remember how soothing and calming it was to color and let your mind wander. By the time you finished coloring you end up creating an artwork, and that itself is an accomplishment ♡ That indeed is a healthy activity for someone suffering from distress, anxiety, and other mental problems. Art helps you heal

I really hope in my own little way, using my own art, I get to inspire people to create amazing artworks, and not letting their insecurities of not having enough 'skillz' or not being good enough to discourage them from picking up a paper and pencil, or any other art tools and start creating. Everyone started as a beginner, so cheer up if your creation don't initially look as impressive as what you envision. Eventually you'll be great in creating art by doing it habitually, and if you're doing it because you really want to improve yourself 👍 No one woke up one day and realized that they are a master of something, y'know 🤷

It took me 25 years to draw this way hahaha!

And for my last objective, I am really REEEEALLLY geared on contributing to our society, by donating. With our current situation, it may be a bit disheartening to see our government's lack of urgency and order, but on the other hand it is inspiring to see common folks helping each other out to rise above from this situation that we are into right now.

And before you could ask, NOPE I'm not selling this coloring book, but instead I'm releasing it for FREE! YEHEY! I want people to enjoy coloring as much as I do, and I want to smack a smile on your faces with my kawaii Desu Ne artworks hahaha! BUT, I also would like to ask for a teensy favor from you.

I want you to...



Yep! Currently there are a lot of organizations who are active in reaching to people who are gravely affected by the COVID-19, from our front liners to our countrymen who need assistance with basic necessities such as food and shelter. These organizations do a lot of things, from sourcing out and producing the PPEs our doctors and nurses wear whenever tending for COVID-10 positive patients, to giving relief for families who weren't provided assistance by their local government. With your donation, no matter how big or small it maybe, it will be a big help for these amazing people to carry on with their activities and missions.

You're probably wondering, who should I donate to? There are a lot of amazing people and organizations who initiated such activities, and here are some I know that you might want to help:



This one is an initiative of a my friend Erchelle Tonoike, and her batchmates from Manila Science high school (where my best friend Zai went to). What they do is they procure PPE's for medical frontliners, and as of this writing they are branching out their support to other hospitals as well.




This one on the other hand is an initiative of a colleague of mine, Jomarie Cabahug, and his org San Mateo Rover Scout Mission Circle -10, where they provide packed meals and snacks to frontliners, from those working in the medical field to volunteers who help in keeping our public places in order. They also help out in giving relief goods to families who badly need provision.

Or you could also give to CloudEats Food Drive, who also aim to provide hot meals for our frontliners. You may reach them here: CloudEats.ph

And there are soooo much more channels you could choose from 💓 Also, just to be clear donating is not limited to giving monetary or material aid, you can be of help by sharing your skills, talents, and time. Like me, I choose the route of giving some amount to orgs, as well as used my talents (in this case, drawing) in creating awareness for different causes. I hope you'll also be inspired to help others 🙂

I believe, no matter how small, what your heart can willingly give can definitely make an impact to other people's lives ♡ May you be a blessing to others!

Ohhhh and before I forget, here's the link to the downloadable coloring book: CLICK MEEEE! Enjoy mi loves!

Love Always,
Nicole

P.S.

I'm planning on doing another volume soon, let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what I should do next 😍 Besitos!

You May Also Like

0 Comments