Plastic Love ♡ #NicDoesArt

by - March 30, 2020


Currently majority of The Philippines is in enhanced quarantine lockdown due to the current COVID-19 situation, this means people are not allowed to go out unless they have to do something a matter of life and death, or for a quick grocery run.

With one person per household allowed to go outside.

With the abundance of time thanks to the absence of traffic congestion, since most people are currently on work-from-home mode, what better way to spend this wealth of time than start revolting against the government do art?

WATACOLA
It's been a LOOOOONG time since I drew, or did some fashion illustration! Despite always being surrounded with a lot of inspiration, mainly from Pinterest and Instagram, I find it hard to commit wow may commitment issue bigla into doing an artwork.

Usually what happens is whenever I see some really cool drawing, or any outfit that tickles mi fancy, I always develop that urge, where I find myself thinking, "hey, I can create a look with that kind of outfit, but with a different bag or accessories." Then after finalizing that 'vision'  I will now proceed in sketching, then erasing some unnecessary lines,and finally playing with watercolor. However for the past months, it seems like I have gotten into an artist's version of writer's block, where I would try and draw something, but feel lazy to continue coloring it with the same gusto I had when I was sketching it.


TADAAAH! Why Plastic Love, you ask? I've been listening to Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love while creating this artwork, and OOOOHMYGOOOOSH YOU SHOULD GO AND LISTEN TO IT NOOOW! Here's the link : CLICK ME <3,  you may thank me later after you abuse the replay button!

It also dawn on me that this look I created on my artwork is very Japanese street style, something that I have observed while I was in Tokyo last month.


And to further amp up the Japanese 'feelz' I used my metallic pastel Kissho palette for adding some shine particularly to her bag, and bangle. This palette has been with me for almost 2 years already, something I bought off Yamamoto Bumpodo in Tenjin, Fukuoka August of 2018, and so far I still don't see my brush hitting the pan 👍 I should probably do a quick review on this one of these days ♡

My newest baby! I got this set of 12's Kuretake Gansai Tambi from my recent trip to Japan. Originally this was part of my Pasabuys however the person who originally ordered for this had a change of heart -bummer- , but hey I have always wanted to dip my brushes on this palette! I heard a lot of great reviews for this, and this set (and the set of 48's huhu) was on sale in Sekaido in Shinjuku, so I suppose it was a blessing in disguise that finally I have gotten hold of this 🤩


And of course, who would forget my trusty The Classics Prima Watercolor Palette? Now, this one is not made in Japan, but it's equally at par with Japanese quality 👌 Just being reminded of the hassle I had to go through to acquire this set made me want to abuse this palette even more hahaha! I used this primarily for the skin and hair color of my artwork.

And now, some zoom in on the details:


I did an 'Oopsie' on the chin, I was supposed to highlight some parts of her lips with my White Sakura Gelly Roll, but halfway through coloring the lips I seemed to have run out of ink. So I foolishly drew on the chin. Good thing the whiteness of this came out translucent 🤷
Yah Gh0rl is wearing booties, pretty much the same as the pair of Esperanza booties that I desperately wanted to buy but because I such huge feet, they have already sold off the last pair with my size. Soooo, why not just imagine one of my girls wearing this dream booties of mine, no?


Materials Used:
🍒 Arches 250 GSM Watercolor Paper - Postcard Size
🍒 Faber Castell .5 Mechanical Pencil
🍒 Unipin Drawing pen in .5 and .1
🍒 Pentel Waterbrush fine point
🍒 Kissho Metallic Pastel Palette in 8's
🍒 Kuretake Gansai Tambi Palette in 12's
🍒 Prima Marketing Watercolor in The Classics palette in 12's
🍒 Sakura Gelly Roll in White

Moving on...

I must say I am very lucky that my only problem right now is that I can't go out because of this lockdown, while there are still people who risk their lives to work, most of them in the industries of food (e.g. people in groceries, and factories), BPO (e.g. call centers), and of course, medical. Aside from that, there are also those who don't have enough means to secure enough food supply during this really tough time.

With this, I'll be doing a project to further urge everyone to help out in their own ways, while also being able to enjoy my 'arht' Hihi, watch out for that *winks*

Love Always - and BE SAFE AND HEALTHY!

Nicole 💓

P.S.

Want more music similar to Mariya Takeuchi's Plastic Love? Here yah goooo <3






You May Also Like

0 Comments