With Fika, With Love - #NicDoesReviews on WithFika Melting Cream Blusher

by - March 07, 2020


Last year I had amassed quite a number of beauty products, from skincare to make-up, both bought or gifted to me. But since I made it a point to be more conscious with how I consume stuff, from food to clothing, I decide to wait 'til the next year before I could start anew with some of my loot.

Lo and behold, NOW is that next year.


WITH FIKA MELTING CREAM BLUSHER

Usually, whenever my cousin had her monthly voyages all over the world she brings home something for me to enjoy, where it may come in a form of food, clothes, and beauty items. It was around July of last year when she gave me a some sort of loot bag showcasing a mishmash of different stuff, from Cambodia, and from South Korea. One of the amazing goodies I received is this ↓


Since this came along with the Peripera Sugar Glow Tint (which I also wrote a blog about HERE), I admit my excitement was focused more on the Peripera's candy-like packaged tint, than this less novelty-like, humbler packaged cream blusher, hence the reason it took me after 6 months to try it out and I discarded a couple of expired make-up, leaving me with the need to open my stash.


Throw 'em
Upon checking, WITHFIKẶ, despite having the Swedish word Fikặ which means,"a coffee and cake break", is a full-blooded South Korean brand that can be bought in Korean Daiso shops. For those with the thought bubble, 'how come our Daiso in Japan [or insert other countries with Daisos in it] doesn't carry this brand?', the simple explanation to that is, South Korean Daiso is actually independent from the Daiso brand that originated in Japan, whereas in 2011 they announced their break-up from Daiso Japan which resulted in selling of different items compared to those sold in other Daisos overseas. Ok, to cut the long story short, WITHFIKẶ is available only in Korean Daiso.


Aside from this melting cream blusher, WITHFIKẶ also carries a couple of different kinds of make-up, like lippies, eyeshadows/creams, and BB creams at really affordable price points from $2-$8. As appealing as the price sounds, let's dig deeper on the actual product.


I. PACKAGING


The packaging is pretty cute, quite nifty actually. It reminds me so much of the aesthetic of the internet, with emojis and quirky colors! This blusher is a tube type, which is perfect for gals who travel a lot, since I find this kind of packaging less susceptible to spills, or those odd 'the-cap-got-undone-then-the-product-got-exposed-to-the-elements-inside-my-bag' situation- of which I am guilty of happening A LOT of times.


This tube is quite SMOL so like I said it's in a perfect size for peeps who love to lug around a simpler, and lighter make-up bag.


II. FORMULATION



For some reason the formulation of this melting cream blusher reminds me of those silicon-y face primer you use to make your foundation stick to your face. It's a bit tacky, and once you apply it to the skin it blends really well, even making your skin feel smoother.

As much as I want to dive deeper on the ingredients to add depth to this nukz, unfortunately the packaging is in Korean, and yah girl doesn't understand Hangul. But one thing I find notable about this product is its fruity smell, that smells light but lingers to your nose. For those who have sensitive skin, I don't think this is a good product because fragrant products tend to cause bad skin reactions, so I think it's best not to grab this one from the shelves.




 III. PIGMENTATION AND STAYING POWER



The color of the product stays true to the orange color as indicated on the that strip in the packaging that has the WithFika name.


As I have said, this feels more of a primer than an actual blusher. While yes, it serves its purpose of giving colors to those chubby cheeks, the product blends to well that it tends to disappear after applying it. The color is too sheer.

In relation to that, I am giving this a 👎, because even after putting a pea-sized drop on each cheek, it quickly vanishes! HAHAHAHUHUHU!
And poof! It's gone!

VERDICT:

Let's do a quick Pros and Cons:

PROS
- Really cute packaging
- Smells really good
- Inexpensive price

CONS:
- Too sheer barely there pigmentation
- No STAYING POWER WHATSOEVER!
- So hard to get your hands on this, since it's available only in South Korea!

FINAL THOUGHTS?
This make-up product feels more like a kid's make-up, because aside from the fact that like those 'Barbie' make-ups, there is no color pay-off nor those it deliver an 'airy' painted look on your skin.

Would I search for the other WITHFIKẶ products when I go to South Korea?
Maybe.
Would I re-purchase this blusher?
No.


Love Always,
Nicole ♡

You May Also Like

0 Comments