A Quick Post: Arts and Lazy Saturdays

by - May 21, 2018


Yup, this is the usual scenario whenever I indulge myself in doing artsy stuff, particularly Fashion Illustration and Calligraphy. Unlike before, I don't really get to create as much as I did, because I'm growing into a lazier hag by the minute- just kidding, just lazier but not a hag ☺ Anyway, I would like to share to you guys the usual suspects during my art sessions ♥


In doing Fashion Illustrations, my first step is drawing with a pencil. Before, I used to draw with the traditional wooden pencils (preferably Faber Castell ones), until one day I got tired of sharpening (Told yah, getting lazier), and felt that bringing even a small sharpener takes extra space in my pencil case. With that, I end up with a mechanical pencil also from Faber Castell to save me from the hassle of spilled pencil shavings in my pencil case.


This one is a new acquisition with a funny and interesting backstory. Ladies and Gents, I present to you the Prima Marketing Watercolor in Classics. I'll probably save the story and review for a different blogpost, but so far, indeed this is a good buy for Php 1,500 ☻


I saw this teeny weeny ceramic sauce dish at home, and decided to use it as a mixing palette. Rather than buy a bigger one (which is bulky and wouldn't fit my pencil case), I resort to this, and hey it's free hahaha!


My ultimate art saviour, the waterbrush! I used to have a Pentel Aquash Waterbrush given by someone, however I have unintently damaged it when I used it with masking fluid, and then unable to wash it soon with dish soap. With that, I checked out a couple of sites and online stores to get my hands on this particular brand- by the way, the Aquash has the blue cap. Anyway, will also give a review, plus background story about these new babies.



After painting the drawing, inking it is more of an optional step. Sometimes I just let my drawing be, but whenever I feel like wanting to add more details, I use my trusty .003 Sakura Micron Pen, or my other Unipin pens. Other detailing pens that I use are Dong A My Metal ballpens for details like beadings and added sparkles, then I also use my Sakura Gelly Roll in White for detailing as well, and lastly a gray kuretake brushpen for doing shadows, since watercoloring shadows can be difficult at times.


Amongst the things I have, this is the most important! Ok, fine this isn't art-related, but DAYUUUUM, inhalers are the bomb! I remember when I went to Thailand, the first thing I asked was where can I buy inhalers? I suppose I spend quite a sum for these bad boys ☻☻☻

Iyug-yog mo beybeh

And there you have it, a little glimpse of what I use in doing 'Ahrt'. From time to time I also use, and try some materials that are new in stores, but these are basically the backbone of my art mats ☺

Love Always,

Nicole ♥♥♥

You May Also Like

0 Comments