A Quick Post : Living and Dying Colorfully

by - June 06, 2018

The first time I saw a Kate Spade bag was when my older cousin showed off all of her loot from a recent USA trip of hers several years ago. The Kate Spade bag of hers was this box-like pink and orange vinyl-like leather handbag, definitely a standout from the sea of black and red bags swimming inside her balikbayan box. At that moment, the 16 year old in me vowed to have a quirky Kate Spade bag someday.


https://media.giphy.com/media/3o751UsQ7TxjWfMo92/giphy.gif
In acquiring myself a Kate Spade bag, I got so addicted not only with their bags, but with everything the brand has to offer. I've become so engrossed in checking out the sale portion in their site, checking out shoes and accessories that are so cute it makes my eyes water from wanting it so bad.I suppose the reason why my adoration for this brand further flourish is because it embodies what I aspire to be: A quirky, colorful human being who exudes happiness that makes everyone smile. 

My first baby ♥

Indeed, Kate Spade's creations did not only make me smile, but also influenced my taste in fashion, where I opt to dress as brightly and colorfully as what the brand suggests. Aside from the aesthetics, Kate Spade also inspired me to someday create my own clothing line with designs that will make people smile, just like how she envisioned her brand will be in 1991.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFzlYXRYs3bMbgjKw/giphy.gif

So when I find out earlier this day that the woman who inspired me to live colorfully hanged herself, I was shocked. Of course I do not know her personally, but just thinking of the fact that this person who embodied cheery quirkiness had gone through something dark and grim, that she ended her life is deeply saddening. Kate Spade is an accomplished designer, who probably lives a comfortable life with her family, and yet she felt immense pain and melancholy. No amount of wealth nor success exempts a person from having depression or challenges with their mental health.  One can never truly know what's going on in a person's life. 

Given that, if you (a reader who stumbled upon my page, a friend, a stranger) ever feel or have thoughts of committing suicide, please please please remember that there are people who cares about you, and are more than willing to listen. Always remember that the world won't be as amazing without you in it, you are a human being worthy of love. Lastly, here's a link to suicide crisis lines : here, and hey if you want to talk I can be a friend to you, just remember to hold on, life is beautiful with you in it. Also, if you know someone who you think is going through something, please do not hesitate to approach them, offer a hug, or simply remind them that you are there for them, because you have no idea how much they need it. Be kind to everyone for we never know what battles other people are going through.



To end this post, I'd like to say Thank you to Kate Spade for inspiring the 16 year old (the present, and the future) me to live my life colorfully. I hope you find the peace you were longing for.


Love Always,
Nicole 

You May Also Like

0 Comments