... And Now We Wait.

by - November 16, 2017

Yup, this is me and other aspiring Cheveners.
Waiting is the hardest thing to do. It's harder than actual suffering in ways of drafting essays, and researching is. It is also in waiting that we get to see someone's true colors, hence the saying Patience is a virtue. I'm pretty sure, those who have applied for the Chevening Scholarship is feeling all antsy and nervous right now, because like them, I have to wait for Chevening if they'll put my application to the next round... by February 2018.

So, you're asking, 'What is Chevening?', where your mind is most probably pronouncing it as Che-ve-ning. Chevening, or Shiv-Ning is a scholarship funded by the United Kingdom Government. It offers opportunities for people from different countries to pursue their postgraduate studies in The UK, and in this way be able to contribute to their own countries. So, if you're granted to be one of the scholars from this prestigious scholarship, you get to study in your chosen UK university, then after graduating (after a year), you must go back to your country, and serve for 2 years.

The thing with Chevening is, it is VERY COMPETITIVE. The brightest, most impressive future leaders of different countries apply for this. Upon stalking checking, I've noticed that those who were granted scholarship are future doctors, economists, lawyers, and other jaw-dropping important careers that made me shrink up, upon realizing what I finished in college, and what area I am planning to study should I get this scholarship. Man, I'm scared.

Me too Will, Me too.
To apply for the Chevening scholarship has been a lingering thought for me for the past 2 years, but I've never gotten to try to apply because of so many factors, but mostly because of fear. I have always feared that I may not be ready yet to apply, that my skills and knowledge is not enough, and that I'm not good enough. However, things changed this year, since I figured I'm not getting any younger, and this dream of mine to study in UK must be fulfilled before I turn 30. With that, I decided to fill in the application, created 4 essays, reconnected with my most favorite professor, and went to UKEAS for guidance for applications to different schools in UK... which leaves me to... Waiting.

In waiting for the things we want the most, the best thing to do is pray, and let God unfold his amazing plans before your eyes.


Love Always,

Nicole

You May Also Like

0 Comments