The Book Hoarder Chronicles : It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

by - November 04, 2017

As of this writing, my heart is fluttering with such giddy happiness!



It's that time of the year again where books are discounted at National Bookstore!!!! Most of their imported books are at 20% off, and some local titles at 10% off. What's even better is that some titles are at 50% off! Waaaah, my heart is still hyperventilating with joy.

That 4 letter word that makes me fee alive!
Suuuure, most books nowadays are free in the internet. I know a couple of sites that give out free e-copies of well-known books and titles. While it seems more handy to lug around a kindle or iPad Mini than bring along a heavy book, it still doesn't beat that heartwarming feeling of turning a crisp page, or smelling the book itself! Ughh, books make me weak in the knees!

Upon knowing about the sale, I did not think that much anymore, and decided to let my book hoarding heart win this time. Here are a couple of titles I bought:

1. My (Not-So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - Original P rice: Php 315, Sale Price: Php 215 at 20% off


I bought this one a couple of weeks ago, but was only able to start reading when I finished my Chevening application hahaha! I've been intending to buy this book even before, but the only copy I seemed to find then was the bigger one which retails at Php 800 or php $16+!!! So, expensive! Good thing, I did not buy it right away!

2. The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand- Original Price: Php 359.00, Sale Price at 20% off: Php 287.2


3. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee- Original Price: Php 459.00, Sale Price at 20% off: Php 367.2


And the wildcard...

4. They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera- Original Price: Php 459, Sale Price at 20% off: Php 367.2


What a spoiler, am I right?

I think I've saved as much as Php 300! I could buy another book with that saved peso! I was about to buy more books (eyeing that Carrie Fisher's The Princess Diarist that is at 50% off huhuhu), but if I do so, I'll probably be asking myself whether I should eat or read for this week hahahaha, emphasis on 'OR'. 

The sale is until tomorrow! So, fellow bookworms, go and make your libraries grow! 

Love Always,

Nicoco

P.S.
Gotta commend the people from National Bookstore Greenbelt 1 in Makati, especially Geraldine for finding me the last copy of The Last Time We Say Goodbye! *besitos!*

You May Also Like

0 Comments