Stain Alive Ah ah ah : Skin Genie's Lip and Cheek Stain Alive Review

by - November 02, 2017



Can't help but sing Bee Gee's Staying Alive, because of this Punny name.

But what's not Punny about this amazing lip and cheek stain is the product itself. Behold, Skin Genie's Lip and Cheek Stain Alive!

As per my previous post, I bought this along during my mini haul at BeautyMNL when they had the Php 1 shipping fee promo. I've been planning since last month to buy a new lip and cheek tint, since the one that I've been using, from Korean brand The Face Shop's Watery tint had already dried up. Also, I want to try a new brand, since despite the fact that I have learned to love the watery tint I previously I had, applying the said tint was such a chore. It dries up soooo fast, that if I weren't able to apply it sooner on my face, it'll dry up on my hands. Another is, if I swatch it on my cheeks, I'll most probably end up with a weird red streak :/ 

Anyway, about the product, so this lip and cheek stain is from Skin Genie. Skin Genie is a beauty brand that offers a wide range of products, from whitening to anti-ageing, to cosmetics. Also, it's from the Philippines, so #LocalLove.

Anyway, here's a quick review of the product:

PACKAGING

This shouldn't be a huge factor, but let's be honest, would you buy make-up that doesn't have appealing package? Well, maybe yes, but still let's take packaging into consideration Sige mapilit. Before you get to see the bottle, you see first its chic white and gold box, that reminds me of Happy Skin vibes (Happy Skin is another Filipino brand, will get to that soon *wink*). Upon opening the box, you see this. The bottle is around 3 inches, and the text are imprinted on the bottle, not in a sticker.

SMELL
I was not expecting it to smell like Cantaloupe! It smells so good, I have to refrain myself from licking my stained lips, in hopes of tasting a Cantaloupe flavored syrup hahahah eww,

APPLICATION

It's a roll-on, which reminds me of those lip and cheek tint from Avon I used to have when I was a kid aba batang malandutay. What I like about this is, it's very efficient if you apply it to the cheeks, since it covers more area than with a wand-like applicator. With this, you get an even more natural-looking blush.

FORMULATION
The tint/stain is very watery, and doesn't dry up as fast as other tint/stains in the market. Also, since it's very light, it's easier to build it up by layering more and more without the heavy feeling on your lips. If you want a more pigmented look, you can just add more swipes to achieve a vampier tone. By the way I purchased the Merlot Shade.

VARIATIONS
Oh, you'll go crazy for all 13 colors available! There's definitely a shade perfect for any skin tone!

PRICING
Ok, inhale first... This thing of beauty costs Php 80 pesos only! or around $1-2 only!

By the way, here's how it looks on my wrist:
2 coats only
... and here's on my lips:

Just 1 coat


To sum it up, here's a traditional Pros and Cons:

PROS:
1. It's so affordable at Php 80 only.
2. Easy application with its roll-on applicator.
3. Very buildable, since it's light-weight but pigmented.
4. Smells so good!
5. So many colors!

CON:
1. The color builds up on the inner part of your lips :(
2. Not long-lasting.

So, would I recommend the Skin Genie's Lip and Cheek Stain Alive? Definitely! At its price point, I think it delivers more than what you paid for. Though, personally I'd rather use it for my cheeks instead. Come to think of it, this would make an amazing gift if you're on a budget!

Love Always,

Nicoco

P.S.

Have I convinced you? You can get yours here *Happy Dance*

P.P.S.

Not sponsored, just an act of service to women who have no frickin' idea about lip tints hahaha! Cheers!







You May Also Like

0 Comments